I need a slapper

malkiserow

Why not hire it?

You can often hire panel-beating equipment - or at least I have done in the past from near me.

Must be somebody in the West Midlands who hires it out

Good idea. I would prefer to buy one if possible ..... I'm working think aluminium sheet for some complicated aero ducts which will need work for months (It's not a commercial thing) and probably need a fairly light one.

I will need to get a shrinker/stretcher combined hand machine as well .... Ebay has some but quite pricey. I've not got much cash to splash on these items.

i read the title and this was the first post i saw when i got in

QUOTE (amateur @ Feb 11 2009, 10:34 PM)

Why not hire it?

got me worried for a while :)

The hiring of slappers has been one of the most well-established of businesses and available in most major towns - what are your worries?

Thanks for your help guys... found a few but they are quite large. I'll keep looking for a small slapper.

Gave the sheet metal roller a full work out today! Brilliant, I've been making and tapered elipse with an offset from the front to back and also the axis of the smaller elipse is higher than the same axis on the larger elipse, kind of like an old ships funnel leaning backwards and tapering to the top. Mine just has an extra offset to make the top lean sideways as well! I want the slapper for fine finishing once she is welded up.

The hiring of slappers has been one of the most well-established of businesses and available in most major towns - what are your worries?

im worried that there was no addresses or contact numbers!!! :/

Damn. I know the perfect slapper as well. If you needs name and address let me know :P

pm please :P

:good::D:/