Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TD Pickup

cappy0766

Another shooting 4x4 comes... one must go.

The Fourtrak is diesel, turbocharged and four wheel drive. The 4wd is electronically selectable with a seperate diff lock and freewheel hubs. All four tyres are as new. As it is a chop-job, it is not coachbuilt like a Bentley but it is watertight and rot free. It has low miles and therefore pulls incredibly well- it is very good on a trailer. Should you wish to fill the back up with logs rather than freshly-shot quarry, the rear window is plexiglass so there are no worries about it breaking!

It is taxed until 30th April 2009 and has an MOT until 7th September 2009.

I am looking for £650 ono.

Cappy

post-8829-1234633829.jpg

post-8829-1234633844.jpg

post-8829-1234633878.jpg

Sorry chaps, you are all way out. The four wheel drive (transfer box) is engaged electronically. The Hi/Low and diff lock are on a seperate gear stick and the front hubs can lock/freewheel buy turning the button on each hub. If left unlocked, the wheels are not turning the halfshafts and front diff therefore creating less drag for normal 2 wheel drive use. They must be locked in order to use the 4 wheel drive, however.

For field/icy road use I tend to leave the hubs locked and drive in 2 wheel drive unless things become slippery then the 4wd can be engaged at the flick of a switch.

PS it is still for sale!

Cappy

that is a very nice car, i want it but have too many already, i have one of those rotting out the back with 31,000 miles on the clock so 131000 miles, if anyone is looking for a shooting car go for it, they are brilliant apart from rust , this one looks good so will do many years, and as above there is electronic equipment on the transfer of some fourtrak's but not all, cheers, good luck with the sale