DHL / PARCEL2GO / UPS

daz2202

PARCEL2GO is a one man band, dont go anywhere near them. If you have an insurance claim they hold back the money for as long as possible and make as many excuses as they can get away with.

If you send large volumes get a DHL account, £4.50 per parcel, well worth it :good:

Well I booked parcel2go to send to cabinets. DHL turned up and collected. 2 days later both customers contact me to say there cabinets had arrived damaged.

Phone DHL they said not our problem you booked it with p2g. so phoned them and they sent me forms to fill in. had to get my customers to photograph the damage so i could orward it on to p2g. 4 hours now spent sorting this out. now i find out that as it was a rigid cabinet i am not covered as they only insure flat packed units.

So sent replacements via UPS and they arrived with my customers today one is chipped and the other one looks like its done 3 rounds with Tyson.

UPS basically have shrugged there shoulders and said that they are sorry but these things happen.

Bottom line is the units and carriage has now cost my pocket £588. one customer has asked for there money back and if i want my damaged units back i can send in a courior to collect.

what really annoys me is i import these from italy, they go into a warehouse in middlesex and are shipped to me from there. how is it my importer gets them 500miles + and local couriors stuggle 60miles :good:

Well I booked parcel2go to send to cabinets. DHL turned up and collected. 2 days later both customers contact me to say there cabinets had arrived damaged.

Phone DHL they said not our problem you booked it with p2g. so phoned them and they sent me forms to fill in. had to get my customers to photograph the damage so i could orward it on to p2g. 4 hours now spent sorting this out. now i find out that as it was a rigid cabinet i am not covered as they only insure flat packed units.

Your contract is with P2G, ask them for their terms and conditions and see where it says that you cant send rigid cabinets.

So sent replacements via UPS and they arrived with my customers today one is chipped and the other one looks like its done 3 rounds with Tyson.

UPS basically have shrugged there shoulders and said that they are sorry but these things happen.

You should be covered under basic insurance with UPS for this. Ask for a claim form and a copy of their terms & conditions.

Bottom line is the units and carriage has now cost my pocket £588. one customer has asked for there money back and if i want my damaged units back i can send in a courior to collect.

what really annoys me is i import these from italy, they go into a warehouse in middlesex and are shipped to me from there. how is it my importer gets them 500miles + and local couriors stuggle 60miles :blink:

You have used two different carriers and two shipments are damaged. This would indicate to me that the packaging that you / your warehouse are using is not sufficient for transport by parcel systems. Parcel systems use a trunking system so your cartons will be put on multiple vehicles and the packages pass through conveyor belts at sorting depots so they must be very well packed to avoid damage.

You therefore have a few choices 1) BEST & CHEAPEST OPTION review your packaging type and quality, 2) strap the cabinets to a pallet and use a pallet system (this will be around £50.00 per pallet anywhere in the UK) 3) Use a company that is more geared up for deliveries to home addresses. (like https://www.hdnl.co.uk/hdnl/)

I am in international freight and would hazard a guess that the cabinets come over from Italy as multiple units on tall, well packed cardboard wrapped pallets and you are sending these individual cabinets out with minimal / insufficient packaging and that is why they are getting damaged in the UK.

thanks for the responce LV.

On about page 8 of p2g's terms and cond's it did say rigid furniture is excluded, but lets be honest who reads that far into the small print.

My Main annoyance is how difficult they make it to make a claim. Like i said i am out of pocket by nearly 600 beer tokens this week and feel that these big national companies couldn't give a flying ****.

My Main annoyance is how difficult they make it to make a claim. Like i said i am out of pocket by nearly 600 beer tokens this week and feel that these big national companies couldn't give a flying ****.

That's because they don't ! You are one of many hundreds of thousands of customers for the likes of DHL and they know that for every customer they lose (even in this economic climate) there will be more coming on board tomorrow.

We had a DHL account but we stopped using them and other parcel companies because of the lack of customer care. I sometimes go on www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk if you search on there you can find feedback about most parcel companies. Like many things it is all very subjective, companies that some people love, others hate and vice versa. Citylink are supposed to be quite good and reasonable I think.

I would strongly suggest that you should look into better packaging though.

I would strongly suggest that you should look into better packaging though.

I agree.

I send a fair bit of stuff by courier-all fragile and often end up putting a relativly small 12"x12" box inside a much much larger one with bucket loads of polysterene chippings/paper shreddings to prevent damage.Corners are always the weak point in parcels which is why i use so much packaging and such a large box.Most couriers throw parcels into their vans when collected so damage can start early on and thats even before they've got to their central hub!

I've even strapped several boxes to euro pallets and sent them via pallet network so they get to their destination in one piece.

Parcel Force - Parcel Farce

ANC = Absolutely No Chance (of delivery)

...there are many more ! :blink:

Locally known names,

DHL Damaged Hidden or Lost. (speaks for itself)

CITYLINK Lickystink (worst drivers locally for sticky fingers)

TNT Their Never There (phone unanswered when you want to chase a delivery)

Rgds D2D

LV has filled you in on why the damage occured, overnight carriers basically have trouble with large bulky items. One driver who has to load and unload from a LWB van with no tail lift. Then it gets unloaded and into a trunk vehicle, up to a hub loaded again etc etc. As said you need them on a pallet have a look at http://www.palletline.co.uk/

you will pay more for delivery but probably not that much as you should be getting charged volumetric weight on cabinets with an overnight carrier.

The other option is sameday but unless you can bulk them together for drops the cost will be too much.

As for insurance if parcel to go had cover that was any good they would go bust as DHL and the likes service is pretty bad and they invalidate most claims on technicalities.