british shooting show

Axeman1984

i went today and thought it was a total waste of a day for me, it was advertised as "THE EVENT OF THE YEAR" and it was just a tent in a field, i had looked round it in an hour, another thing as for the price of guns if thats the average price of shotguns at the moment then you should get down my way, i mean £1800 quid for a second hand gold e come on, and £2100 for a grade 5 mk 38 thats crazy, i thought the prices of guns realy were so over the top, but if thats what dealers are selling them for then good on em but they wouldent do much trade in the fens with prices like what i saw today, anyway rant over...

fenman...... :angry:

It wasnt the largest - but there were some bargains-

(the one stand selling the pigeon gear with the two rotarys working on the top)

pair of air pro's £40

pigeon magnet incl battery £49, incl two air pros £69!.. but then i guess i might have been a littled peeved if i had come all the way from suffolk for it!

still worth a look tomorrow if you are not too far out.

i mean £1800 quid for a second hand gold e come on,

I wouldn't want to be paying that for a used one, but I just gave myself a shock looking at the price of new ones on Guntrader. Most of the new ones ranged from £2050-£2450 :good:

They must be 'avin a giraffe. Recent price increases must have been outrageous. I paid about £1650 for mine (new) a couple of years ago :angry:

I saw a mint looking Gold E there for £1500, so there were better value guns around

my dealer has a mint gold e with the new style metal rim chokes up for £1350 he's got a good DT10 trident up for £2800 so i would still call £1500 dear, but i surpose guns are priced on what they can get away with depending on the area

I was looking for a .243 at the show could not find one less that £900 and there were only about 5 at the show. Had a good day but could have done with some more rifles and guns and accessories.

In fact for a shooting show it was **** good if you plink with air rifles, they were well represented.

The Hunting agency stand was interesting and a few others.

But in a time when you would have thought fire arm brands would have wanted to market themselves ? not a good show from them.

Worth the visit although I did not buy a thing

Went to Pets and Past times in Stoke on the way back and bought a Winchester 70 .243

I was pretty underwhelmed aswell.

I was expecting something like gunmakers row at a game fair - :good: not quite! The prices for almost everyything were VERY high by show standards.

I wandered around for 1.5 hours, during which time I think I managed to fight my way near enough to some shotgun stands to actually see the guns, had a venison burger (best bit of the day) and then gave up.

Bring on Kelmarsh!

ZB

We fought our way through the traffic and got there for 11.30 ish. To start with it was absolutely packed solid and very difficult to get near anything to have a look. But after lunch, at about 2.30, after watching a few of the clay shooters, we went back inside and it was much emptier, and easier to chat to people and look at stuff.

I was disappointed not to see Dryfire there as I was looking forward to having a go on it, but they did have a 30,000 quid equivalent, which was good fun but not really an affordable option.

There were some really nice people to chat to, so all in all we had a good day. If we'd given up at lunchtime after we'd had a look around it wouldn't have been so good, but we decided to take the opportunity of the emptiness.

Don't think we'd go again next year. Game Fairs are better all-rounders.

Rhiannon

I was pretty underwhelmed aswell.

I was expecting something like gunmakers row at a game fair - :good: not quite! The prices for almost everyything were VERY high by show standards.

I wandered around for 1.5 hours, during which time I think I managed to fight my way near enough to some shotgun stands to actually see the guns, had a venison burger (best bit of the day) and then gave up.

Bring on Kelmarsh!

ZB

I agree totally, i also dont think i will be going next year!

Trying to walk about in the show we found it WAY too busy....saw quite a few stalls but others took a few attempts to get in or I just didn’t bother. There was so much space that could have been better utilized to make it more accessible for the public to walk around the stalls but they insisted on cramming us in like sardines.

Cant wait to see a proper out door game fair

Think i will be sending them a quick email with my thoughts.

I agree totally, i also dont think i will be going next year!

Trying to walk about in the show we found it WAY too busy....saw quite a few stalls but others took a few attempts to get in or I just didn’t bother. There was so much space that could have been better utilized to make it more accessible for the public to walk around the stalls but they insisted on cramming us in like sardines.

Cant wait to see a proper out door game fair

Think i will be sending them a quick email with my thoughts.

The place was packed I agree. I wanted to take look at the Blaser stand but just couldn't get in. There were to many children picking up the rifles and what not, I couldn't get a look in.

Bring on kelmarsh. :good:

Agree with it being packed - why they didnt space it out a bit more I dont know. other than to make it look like a busy, well attended show :good:

the parking was a free-for all.

the best bit for me? Bison and stilton in a bap. loverly!

:oops:

Glad I didn't go. I wouldn't have been a happy chappie if I'd have crossed the Pennines for a bisonburger :oops:

I don't think there was anything specific I'd have wanted, as I can't afford a new shotgun, but I'd like to have had a nosey. I would have seen my harris if all I could look at was the back of peoples heads and a few air rifles :good: .

And they want people to pay an entry fee for this :oops:

:oops:

Glad I didn't go. I wouldn't have been a happy chappie if I'd have crossed the Pennines for a bisonburger :oops:

I don't think there was anything specific I'd have wanted, as I can't afford a new shotgun, but I'd like to have had a nosey. I would have seen my harris if all I could look at was the back of peoples heads and a few air rifles :good: .

And they want people to pay an entry fee for this :oops:

You could hardly get a look at antyhing. Each tent was completely packed, adnd when you did finally get in somewhere, someone would nudge you the way!

The fishing bit was bigger than the shooting arena. I couldn't get a look in there either.

Won't be going again.

And they want people to pay an entry fee for this :good:

£10 per person - cash in hand with no receipt of entire........ They mush have made a killing!!!

Nowhere does it say on their website that they only take cash for tickets on the door. I saw some people asking to pay by card as they had no cash on them.

Oh and another thing that got my goat, all entry tickets at the front door to the show were given a "win a Browning" slip to fill in to enter the prize if draw. You would have thought it would be 1 per ticket entry. However when in the Browning stall i came across a stack of blank slips that were unattended which someone could have quite easily picked up and filled in 100+ and thrown them into the open cardboard box that was laying on the floor to have a good chance of winning. Or better still remove a couple of hundred and throw them in the bin again giving them a better chance of winning.

Just returned from the show. Thought it was okay - nothing special.

Saw a young lad of around 13 giving some of the older lads a run for their money on the 50 sporting competition. He was right on'em on every stand - bloody good shot with the crowd right behind him.

I was expecting to see more guns for sale, especially rimfires. The main reason I went was to have a look at the Browning T-Bolt and Anschutz', but there weren't any.

The AA Decoy stand was good. There were loads of good offers and I fell for the £49 rotary. Couldn't go wrong for that money, even if it only lasts a couple of seasons it's worth it.

The Top Gun stand was impressive too. Their stuff's really good quality - staff were pleasant too, unlike on some stands.

I had seen that there was a rifle range advertised, and as I haven't shot a rimmy before, I really fancied giving it a try. Expecting something reasonably challenging, like 25m-plus targets, I made my way overe there. I stopped by the air rifle range and that looked good, with targets from 10m to 40m, and then found the rimfire range. What a laugh that was... all 8m of it !!!!

I know those guns are a lot more dangerous than air rifles, but 8m is taking the **** !!

I'll go back next year.

I went with Pair Away, thought it was ok, we were there for 9.00 am and the traffic was already building up, we had a good browse around before it got too busy then we shot the 50 bird sporting which we enjoyed, not as much there as I would of liked, I was very impressed with the Kreighoff K80 super sport (could well be my next purchase but dont tell the wife) I was under the impression there was going to be shotguns which you could try out on the clay line but never saw any, on the advert it actually said "Try shotguns on the clay line".

I thought it has the making of a good show but does need more trade stands, not such a lot for clay shooters, plent of cammo gear though.

i went today but me and friends did not rate it i was on the look out for rifles scopes ect to look at and have a good feel before i buy but there was hardly anything there waste of time my mate got a nice pair of boots

noway worth £10 to get in roll on Belvoir Castle game fair