pup weeing

darren m

my springer pup is constantly tiddling :good:

every time i go to fuss her or pick her up she'll piddle .

in fact she walks/runs and piddle's at the same time as soon as i let her out .

cant let her in until she's emptied her bladder

i,ve had load of different dogs from 2 GSD , 3 collies , 2 labs and never come across this .

is this normal spaniel behaviour

my springer pup is constantly tiddling :good:

every time i go to fuss her or pick her up she'll piddle .

in fact she walks/runs and piddle's at the same time as soon as i let her out .

cant let her in until she's emptied her bladder

i,ve had load of different dogs from 2 GSD , 3 collies , 2 labs and never come across this .

is this normal spaniel behaviour

Mine done the same getting better at 5 months old but still does it on the odd occasion :oops:

Spaniels are very buzzy dogs and easily wound up. Had 4 of them. My advice would be to be as cool as you can when you greet her. I should imagine she is at her worst when she hads been alone for a while, combination of excitement on seeing you and a reasonable amount in the bladder!! Try also to talk in quiet gentle tones and make sure your family and friends dont do the high pitched voice bit. It will only make it worse.

Hope this helps.

Edited by turbo33

:hmm: classic spaniel behaviour!

My family Sprigner Spaniel did exactly the same, he'd even widdle while walking as you are saying yours does!

He did grow out of it though, it took quite a while, and also ignoring of him until he'd called down, that way he got a fuss then, minus some wee!

As Salop Sniper says, our 6 month lad Jack Russell does the same, when excited, it's a puppy thing, but sometimes they always do it, just in their character!

:good::good:

sounds the same as above excitement

my mates used to do it all the time but has grown out of it

darren how is your dog getting on now

hi Berthaboo -- she's fine mate , got a few DVDS and books to look at :good: .

she's 19 weeks old now , retreiving very good :good: , but not to hand ( yet ) loves carry dummies around , got a great nose on her loves play hunting , sits and short stays coming on ok , just staring on the heel work now .

Recalls in to me still very hit n miss though , gonna have to re-think it :hmm: .

thanks lads for all the info.

cheers

hi Berthaboo -- she's fine mate , got a few DVDS and books to look at :hmm: .

she's 19 weeks old now , retreiving very good :cry1: , but not to hand ( yet ) loves carry dummies around , got a great nose on her loves play hunting , sits and short stays coming on ok , just staring on the heel work now .

Recalls in to me still very hit n miss though , gonna have to re-think it :hmm: .

thanks lads for all the info.

cheers

Darren - from very recent experience with my 14 month old ESS.... if she is retrieving well, good, she won't lose that. Keep her keen with a couple a day. Other than that forget EVERYTHING else until the recall is sorted.... and she is full speed into you and jumping all over you. Mine was good at the age yours is and for another 2 or 3 months, then too much rope, a couple of chasing opportunities and there's the real risk of a hanging (probably mine!). Get her wanting to come into you quickly every time.

ATB

WGD