Flytipped trap making

As per my other thread heres a few of the traps I made today, I must have picked up 30 assorted sized sheets of brand new ply :yes:

The traps were made using the manual Trap making Step By Step by John Bryan, the manual is really easy to follow requiring just a few basic woodworking tools.

DSC00156.jpg

I came up with a simplified door idea on the see saw trap & I can confirm the trap works a treat as tried out by one of my jills :hmm:

And the tunnel traps will be put to good use in the woods on our syndicate.

It was a glorious day to be working in the garden surrounded by my newly rescued ex battery hens :D

So today I did my bit clearing up the countryside & recycling as well overall cost ....Nowt :good:

SS

Edited by Stealth Stalker

I love the door catch idea, :good: that's exactly the sort of thing that I hoped would happen. The book is intended to give you plans that work in their own right and the confidence to develop the idea.

Way to go Stealth Stalker. :good:

Edited by 2nd Barrel

I love the door catch idea, :oops: that's exactly the sort of thing that I hoped would happen. The book is intended to give you plans that work in their own right and the confidence to develop the idea.

Way to go Stealth Stalker. :yes:

Cheers John

Great book by the way, I can thoroughly reccomend it :oops:

Next project is the pigeon trap, to help out a farmer friend with a feral problem.

SS

i would like to see the pigeon trap plans, where do you get the bobwires from? got a similar problem on a farm, near on impossible to shoot the blighters

CC - you can probably get a good idea how they work from here, although there's more detail in the book.

http://www.fourteenacre.pwp.blueyonder.co..../Pigeontrap.htm

Cheers

John

I have been looking at the trap (as built) and puzzling how it works.

SS you got a link to the plans you can stick up?

Incidentally, is there anything in your book for rats? I am guessing it would require getting the welder out at they would be through wood like butter.

I have been looking at the trap (as built) and puzzling how it works.

SS you got a link to the plans you can stick up?

Incidentally, is there anything in your book for rats? I am guessing it would require getting the welder out at they would be through wood like butter.

Mungler - have a look here - there lots of information including a 'how it works' page.

These see-saw traps will hold rats and squirrels easily without damage for over 24 hours and any trap must be checked within that timeframe anyway.

post-553-1236154523.jpg

• 2 weeks later...