Spring drillings have finally started

MerseaDavid

Well I have been out all day drilling spring beans and already the birds are on the fields.

As soon as I had finnished one field they were on it in large numbers.

Hopefully you all will get some good shooting over some drillings soon.

Here are a couple of pics that my boss took.

n1071853571_324076_8191297.jpg

n1071853571_324077_1450037.jpg

n1071853571_324084_5159991.jpg

n1071853571_324086_7002088.jpg

it was mainly crows out there on Saturday afternoon, only a couple of pigeons but im keeping my eye on it plus tying to locate some fields which suppose to have loads of bunnies on.....might be a weekend trip, if this rain would stop i will do some investigations over the next couple of days

That Deere looks a beast!

- something about them that seems to shout quality l think (all the farmers l know really look after theirs for some reason!)

T

It certainly is mate.

John Deere is is main make we use on my farm. That is my 7930 and I use it for all our drilling,ploughing and cultivating.

We also have 2 Case Quad Tracks to help it out.

You are nice and early down your way it will be 2-3 weeks before they are drilling up here.

Pigeons are still feeding on rape in big numbers.

Hendo

We are about a week or two behind where we should be.

We really wanted to start drilling earlier but it has just been too wet.

It was raining as I started drilling the 2nd field and did not stop.

My farmer is meant to be out this week drilling with his all singing all dancing laser guided thingy, although i`m not sure if this poor weather down Dover, Kent way is going to hold him up. Is there a best time to shoot over drillings or is it basically they will just keep coming back weeks after?

Just wondered because i`m planning to go out Friday.

Nice 7930 i have one aswell for drilling ploughing and general duties but have no beans to put in..

You must have a few acres having 2 quad tracks aswell. :good:

Often wondered where is mersea island? :lol:

Cheers mate ;)

Mersea Island is near Colchester Essex.

Our main farm is 2000 acres + we help out another farm which is about 1250 acres.

We have 2 Case Quad Tracks, 3 John Deere 6930, 1 John Deere 7930, 1 John Deere 6920s and 1 John Deere 8520.

on our farm we do about 300 acres of arable and weve got a 6630 2650 6410 6400 and a 6300 we recently traded in a 6330 for a New holland, our first blue one. The cab is huge and we have to wait a couple of minths for front cab suspension. I have to say a bit technologised but i like it better than the deers. :unsure:

Cheers mate :unsure:

Mersea Island is near Colchester Essex.

Our main farm is 2000 acres + we help out another farm which is about 1250 acres.

We have 2 Case Quad Tracks, 3 John Deere 6930, 1 John Deere 7930, 1 John Deere 6920s and 1 John Deere 8520.

Wouldn't want to pay the diesel bill. :D Or for all that hard wear. You got understanding bank manager then :wacko: :blink:

:unsure: not happy, just phoned one of my farmers to eagerly find out when he was going to start drilling the beans, only to be told they were'nt doing any this year, it's all going to be hemp and they won't start drilling that for another 6 weeks at the end of april. Looks i'm stuck on the rape till then, still there's plenty of birds still on the rape but i love shooting over fresh drillings

on our farm we do about 300 acres of arable and weve got a 6630 2650 6410 6400 and a 6300 we recently traded in a 6330 for a New holland, our first blue one. The cab is huge and we have to wait a couple of minths for front cab suspension. I have to say a bit technologised but i like it better than the deers. :unsure:

We used to have a couple of new hollands but they were not as good as the john deeres.

It is all down to what you like, I am sure it wont be long before we get rid of the 2 quad tracks and swap them for the John Deere 8530T.

good stuff....you will like the tracked deere we have had one since new just hurts a little when you have to put new tracks on them!!

Are there any good farm managers or estate managers jobs down there mate?

Are you into any pigeons down there at minute :cry1: