Which Springer

Axe

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Springer

• Air Arms TX200 Carbine
    • Weihrauch HW77 Carbine

Edit........."Please make sure you vote before viewing the results"....viewing the results without voting first will enter a No Vote for you and you will not be able to vote at all!

So, my mates have convinced me that this sport is a worth while venture and that I should go out and get myself set-up.

Looking into the wide range of products out there, i've narrowed it down to the TX200 or the HW77. Here's the but, I dont know enough about rifles to make an experienced decision and thought i'd post this poll to get a general opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Axe.

Edited by Axe

Think I'd consider a good used precharged gun to be honest. I have to admit that the newest springer I have is the RWS/Original/Diana Model 52 which if you can find one is an ace bit of kit but since owning the precharged Webleys I have a cupboard full of springers that I don't use. (Been collecting for a few years)

Appreciate that you are starting into it and don't want to spend too much but it's worth serious thought, they are so accurate and give amazing groups !!

I favour the HW77k Myself but thats because I have one and has been a great rife for me for almost 10 years, have never used a TX but from what I have read on here they seem like a good rifle. You need to try a TX for a comparrison since you know what a HW77k is like :thumbs: . On the poll front it wont let me vote saying I have already done so but I haven't honest. So whatever the result add one onto the HW77. :D

Cheers

Jason

Ive had both before I progressed on to precharged (if progressed is the right word)

With out doubt in my mind the TX 200 is the finest spring gun ever manufactured

But the Rekord trigger on the HW77 is superb.

tis a very close call but if ihad to buy either again it would be the TX200.

Which ever you choose you wont be dissapointed.

FM

A TX200HC is a mighty springer. With 16ft/lbs i could take out pigeons at 40+yards and rabbits at 60 yards. Although it was heavy i soon got used to the weight. I gave a bit of recoil but was soon able to allow for this. It is also quiet too with the bull barrel, a silencer makes it even quieter. I dont know much about the HW77 but the Air Arms is definitely a quality item, I would recommend it to anyone.

having had both the above rifles would opt for the tx as being slightly better. and i do mean only slightyl better.

its a little heavyer than the 77, but in my opinion this makes the effects of recoil less noticable.

it has the option of screwing a silencer straight into the barrle shroud, though the trigger can be a little ****** to get the way you want it.

the one thing the 77 does have strongly in its favor is the position of the barrelk inside the breech (located at the top as opoised to central on the TX) it is just a little easier to locate the pellet in there.

the safelok (anti bear trap) fitted to the TX takes a bit of getting used to woirking so as there is no noise (iots there for safety so dont think about mesing with or removing)

it has been my experiance with the TX range that the earlier the better when it comes ot build quality MK2 better than MK3 and the MK1 best of all.

accuracy wise though there is nothing to tell the two apart, so its just a case of choosing the rifle you liek the best.

pop ot the gun shop and rty and see how the TX sits with you some people find the comb justa little too huigh and too sharp for them

hope this helps you out a little

ROB :sly:

I have had a 77 and a 97K with a Webley eclipse inbetween (what a bag of kak that was).

Both were good guns but I preferd the 77 only got rid of it because it was getting a bit tattie and i had money burning a hole in my pocket. I must have put 40,000 pelets threw it. Both were .177 and I could regularly take rabbits and pigeons at 60m. (dont bother to reply to the last sentence if you cant acheive it your self)

Dave

Its strange how this talk of air rifles has brought back memories of Christmas 1938 to me, that was a very big Christmas indeed, for there at the foot of the bed was a brand spanking new Diana airgun, and boys don't think I wasn't some big headed with that. Dad gave me a big lecture about how to carry it, never load it in the house, never point it at anyone, and don't shoot the chickens. :sly:

Best regards,

Feather.

Its strange how this talk of air rifles has brought back memories of Christmas 1938 to me, that was a very big Christmas indeed,  for there at the foot of the bed was a brand spanking new Diana airgun, and boys don't think I wasn't some big headed with that. Dad gave me a big lecture about how to carry it, never load it in the house, never point it at anyone, and don't shoot the chickens. :sly:

Best regards,

Feather.

Yes happy memories indeed 1971 it was a white christmas for us and my present was a BSA airgun with WOW! a 4 x 20 telescopic sight.

I remember vividly freezing my nuts off in the morning out in the back garden after we got back from Church with my best pal Jimmy Donut Duggan (sadly killed in the first Gulf conflict) zeroing in the scope to a drwing pin on the yard gate.

Later that day I shot a starling and filled with remorse as its blood dripped red on the winter snow.

Boxing Day my dad gave me another present a clip round the ear for putting 1/2 pound of lead in the wooden gate !

Oh the innocence of youth and a childhood lost forever.!! :lol:

FM.

Thanks to all that voted, I know some of you didnt get the chance because of the null vote, but looking at the results its an even score.

I have tried the HW77 and find it very smooth. Ive yet to try the TX, but hoping to do so this weekend. The Air Arms factory is only a 20 min drive from me so i'm thinking this may be my final choice, assuming that I like the TX that is.

Anyway, Thank once again, too all that voted.

Happy hunting,

Axe. :)