What next to buy

Right then,

I have my permission, I have time, gun, ammo, patience, can shoot a bit.

I have about 24 shell deeks (not flocked)

Two bouncer poles which i have attached real pigeon wings to two of the deeks.

I have just bought a decen set of hide poles and a stealth net to go with my old Army Surplus netting.

If i were to spend some money on something else what would people recommend. about the £70-£100 mark, is it obviously a magnet or something else that might aid me. I have about 300-350 acres to shoot over, I currently use my cool box as my seat, about the right height.

I'd like one of those swivel bucket chair thingies. i've done a couple of mega weeks at work so have some cash to burn before she spots it.

Edited by danccooke

I have some good Jack Pyke cammo clothing, from fishing, wildlife photography etc etc. So does she. I might ask my permission if it is ok for her to act as picker upper and general pack horse. that way we'll still be spending "quality time" together outside.

Magnet it is then. I'll shift the money leave it a week see if she notice then buy it. (she is my accountant, not just wifey accountant but for my company) see if she is worth her salt :good:

hehe, You can tell I was working nights last week, I hadn't noticed I missed the S off of she. Nevermind.

As for you guys not wanting your Mrs. with you when shooting. If she comes with me I get to go more. I get someone to carry stuff, pick stuff up. Make me a cuppa without having to take my eyes of the sky, and you never what other added bonuses that might come along.

Plus I know we're married but I do enjoy being with her.

Bruno, I'll drop her sister round for you :good:

Sister in law

Right..............so you have got the basics....

dont bother with the magnet..............................YET......................if it aint broke.............dont fix it.

First..........get some FLOCKED birds.

Get some spring sticks or ezzy wobblers.

Get half a dozen sillosocks.

Get a face net.

Get a cap.

Get a set of light weight gloves.

Get a deacent sized bag and bucket seat.

Get a couple more bouncers.

Work your patterns from using the shells, the socks, the bouncers....................you want movement in your pattern......

A magnet is not the bee all and end all of pigeon shooting........

Right..............so you have got the basics....

dont bother with the magnet..............................YET......................if it aint broke.............dont fix it.

First..........get some FLOCKED birds.

Get some spring sticks or ezzy wobblers. - got already

Get half a dozen sillosocks.

Get a face net. - got already

Get a cap. - got already

Get a set of light weight gloves. - - got already

Get a deacent sized bag and bucket seat. - got bag

Get a couple more bouncers.

Work your patterns from using the shells, the socks, the bouncers....................you want movement in your pattern......

A magnet is not the bee all and end all of pigeon shooting........

cheers mate a few of them i have already and noted. I also have a flocked crow for the side of the pattern.

Typically the fields that i have permission for at the moment have gone a little quiet (mostly rape and wheat) no fresh drillings for me to get on :good: