great day without magnet

proTOM1

when out yesterday spoke to farmer next to some permission i have and he gave me permission to shoot on his so first light this morning was there as he had been drilling on friday , needed 2 really but put post on hear but was a bit late on and no interest . anyway got to where i wanted to be and set up the hide in the ditch put out 15 flocked decoys and thought would leave magnet in the truck and fetch it if neede .

well it was not long before the first bird came in straight in to the heart of the pattern .By 11am had 45 on the clicker went a bit quite for the next hour but there was someone else shooting in the distance and sounds like they were having a good day .The birds started to come again and in another slow spell was on for a red letter day with 98 on the clicker .

in the end bagged 113 and picked 109 so a good day and the birds came in great ! no magnet just 15 flocked decoys and a pattern that worked a treat ,what a great day :good::good:

MK38 and myself were out last Friday had the magnet out and they weren`t really comitting so took the magnet in and put 2 floaters out and they just ignored the decoys altogether, put the magnet but closer to the hide and they were commiting nicely, some landing for us.

Hey protom, I'm guessing this is the day you were offering for someone to join you. I can't believe you had no takers!!!

Shame I live so far!

That sounds like you had a great day out, and I bet the farmer was happy too. :blush::good::oops: