whats the chance of getting a open ticket 1st time

when i asked for open ticket they replied i had only fired about 500 rounds in a year, i replied that i only shoot at a sure hit and dont shoot rounds of for the sake of it this seemed to sway them hope this helps

I probably only shot about 100 - 120 rounds a year, 30 - .243 & the rest .22 / .17

Now and again a few more to check zero.

I got an open ticket when changed to coterminous after about 2 years.

just sent for my fac (well a week ago) and was just asking if you know of anyone who has been granted with a open ticket 1st time. and what would be some good things to say to the fao to put me in good sted. i have some good land and pritty good knowledge of the law.

It don't make that much difference as long as you mention all your land when applying, if you get an invite somewhere just let them know, it should not be a problem, only a 5 min phone call or a quick letter in the post.

i have some good land and pritty good knowledge of the law.

I'd say it's unlikely. The FEO will probably want to see evidence of practical experience of rifles rather than the quality of the land or your knowledge of the law. Down to your FEO at the end of the day, but most forces have a std policy of no open tickets on first grant and they take some serious convincing to the contrary. What calibre are you applying for? Although it shouldn't make any difference, you're prob more likely to get an open ticket for .22/.17 than centrefire.

I got an open first time, for the 22rf and then the deer rifle,

I gave them a map marked up with lots of permissions, and explained I pick up more each week.

I suppose my prevous experience with cadets and my age/job helps.

i have just got mine opened up after 18months, i was told i,d had mine opened VERY early--usually 3 year wait , all i did was go through 2000 round ( mixed calibres) and kept puttting new permissions in, the last one being over 100 acres, feo got sick of me ringing up !!

i would honestlly say you will be very-very lucky to get it first time round, but good luck <_< you never know :sly:

shaun