Settle an argument - Please!

sheene7

But I'm not a rough shooter.

Two different sports.

I can see why game shooters and rough shooters shoot gun down (because I'm not stupid) :hmm:

Where I shoot, if you try and take some of the targets in the trees gun down, you're a ***. (Oh, and you'll miss). End of story.

Pardon :good: so your the *** as i beat you last time where you shoot gun down i believe :P:lol::lol:

Tin hat on :P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot DTL mounted it hard enough as it is without letting the damn thing get further away, and sporting gun down.

And for anyone who says DTL is easy, at my club we;ll give you SGD 100 if you shoot 25 straight (Single barrel , variable angle) , it only been done 5 times so far since Jan 08 !.

regards

M.

In Hampshire single barrel last week one guy shot 50/50 and another 2 shot 48/48. There was then a shoot off between the 2 48's and one guy shot a 25 straight so for some it is noot too difficult.

Generally in a full DTL competition Fareham you need 98/100 and a sccore of around 285+ to get the high gun.

Also its a rule in CPSA trap competitions to shoot pre-mounted.

Edited by GStrider

i always shoot clays gun down, normally only shoot clays for practice, and you cant carry a gun at the shoulder all day when rough shooting :hmm:

er where does rough shooting come into breaking clays?

some people myself included find shooting gun up where possible improves their scores at "clay shooting" that is why we go init ? to improve, if it is an advantage to you then do it, simple as, personally i shot for ages with gun out of shoulder and reached a point where i wasn't climbing any higher on the scoreboard, started premounting and presto i got a bit better, not saying it would be the same for everyone but hey it worked for me. It's another element not to think about aswell did i mount the gun exactly as i should? yes because it's already there.

Horses for courses and all that.

Pardon :hmm: so your the *** as i beat you last time where you shoot gun down i believe :P:lol::lol:

Tin hat on :P

Indeed you did beat me (by 1 clay).

However, you have been shooting a lot longer than me and your score was virtually as mediocre as mine.

You need to be an exceptional shot to get a GOOD score there, shooting gun up.

I find it slightly amusing that there are people out there that can't seem to sleep at night, because some clay shooters shoot gun down :good: . Scary.

I wish my life was as trivial as theirs must be, in that all I had to worry about was why some people shoot gun down. I have rather more pressing matters on the planet where I live.

Also its a rule in CPSA trap competitions to shoot pre-mounted.

Are you sure? Where does it say that? :good: It is against the rules to actually fire the gun while it is out of your shoulder but there is nothing in the rules that prevents you from shooting trap gun-down. You will of course be doing yourself no favours by shooting it gun-down.

To throw my two-penneth in, I agree with TP and others. Clay shooting is not rough shooting. It is a competitive sport whereby the winner is the one that breaks the most clays. No points are earned for style. There are any number of targets that are made much easier by premounting the gun and by not doing so you are just cutting off your nose to spite your face. :hmm:

Are you sure? Where does it say that? :hmm: It is against the rules to actually fire the gun while it is out of your shoulder but there is nothing in the rules that prevents you from shooting trap gun-down. You will of course be doing yourself no favours by shooting it gun-down.

Yep your right i've just checked it just says must adopt a shooting stance.