Settle an argument - Please!

sheene7

A mate of mine who we go clay shooting with, keeps moaning about people pre-mounting their guns. He said that if you were shooting at CPSA shoots you would be docked kills if you pre - mounted your gun.

Personally , I think he's talking out of his backside, I thought it was only disallowed to pre-mount your gun in certain disciplines ( Fitasc ? ) and it was perfectly ok in sporting. :sick:

Can anyone enlighten me ?

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we were kids we were allways told to hold your gun acoss your chest , call for your bird then mount follow through then bang . dusted, thats sporting? but then i,m an oldun......

with the barrels pointing to your left/right? :sick:

when I am shooting I have the gun up but not mounted. slightly off the shoulder, head off the stock.

Depends on the target PDLM,

Anything quick I like to pre-mount to take the rushed/bad mount out anything i can see for hours i shoot gun down.

so half and half thats more of a man-bag for me :sick::yes:

Fuzrat

There's a few good targets at Worsley for the gun down heroes :yes:

By the time they get the gun somewhere near mounted, the birds gone behind a tree :yes::yes::yes:

They don't look so ******* clever then :P

Edited by Chard

There's a few good targets at Worsley for the gun down heroes :sick:

By the time they get the gun somewhere near mounted, the birds gone behind a tree :yes::yes::yes:

They don't look so ******* clever then :yes:

That's what started him off yesterday.

one stand had the clays flying about 3 foot off the ground. dropping very quickly into the banking, you had to pretty much snap shoot them. I went first and managed to straight it because I was pre-mounting the gun. He then proceeded to miss his first 4 clays until he decided to have his gun up for the last pair.

There's a few good targets at Worsley for the gun down heroes :sick:

They don't look so ******* clever then :yes:

But then again the gun up boys look like t""ts when the gun down guys beat them :yes:

Sporting should be gun down in my opinion :P

I almost always shoot gun up, why wouldnt you??

It's actually harder, imho. Gun down is easier to (generally) see the bird and to get the gun moving.

99% of the top shots are gun down. Digweed I've seen on video does a half/half barely out of the shoulder type, and I've seen him gun down as well. Dunno what method he is using now.

But then again the gun up boys look like t""ts when the gun down guys beat them :yes:

Sporting should be gun down in my opinion :yes:

Listen you bell-ender :yes:

We've only shot against each other twice and it's one each :sick:

You'll get a sound thrashing next time :yes:

He said that if you were shooting at CPSA shoots you would be docked kills if you pre - mounted your gun.

If? If? So you weren't at a CPSA shoot and he still thought it right to moan? Well as everyone has said, he's talking rubbish but what no one has pointed out is you mate needs something decent to moan about, has he tried reading the daily mail? :sick:

If? If? So you weren't at a CPSA shoot and he still thought it right to moan? Well as everyone has said, he's talking rubbish but what no one has pointed out is you mate needs something decent to moan about, has he tried reading the daily mail? :sick:

Christ on a bike, you must have met him at some point !!!! :yes: He's one of those people who has never had any hardship or crises in his life to worry about, so he has to gripe about trivial ****.

It's actually harder, imho. Gun down is easier to (generally) see the bird and to get the gun moving.

99% of the top shots are gun down. Digweed I've seen on video does a half/half barely out of the shoulder type, and I've seen him gun down as well. Dunno what method he is using now.

Well, Diggy was certainly shooting "Gun Up" when I saw him at Southdown yesterday.

He's clever enough to realise that you need to eliminate all of the variables to ensure consistency, and a mismount can very often lead to a missed bird, so for the majority of "quick" targets, he shoots "Gun Up", as do 99.9% of other top Sporting shooters. This may be at odds with what you see on their promo videos, but when there's money at stake, "style" goes out of the window.

Remember, "This ain't figure skating........you don't get points for style"

Cat.

Depends on the target PDLM,

Anything quick I like to pre-mount to take the rushed/bad mount out anything i can see for hours i shoot gun down.

so half and half thats more of a man-bag for me :sick::yes:

Fuzrat

""so for the majority of "quick" targets, he shoots "Gun Up", as do 99.9% of other top Sporting shooters"

Cheers Cat, made my day! I must be a top sporting shooter now :yes::yes:

Fuzrat