Settle an argument - Please!

sheene7

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you do that thing where you cross out text? It's been irritating me for years :sly:

Highlight the word you want to cross through, then click on the icon on the right of the underline button. Little sub menu drops down then click on the bottom option, strikethrough! EASY REALLY

So i guess you've seen the video then? Don't like to say too much as i don't want to reveal my true identity <_<

Perhaps one of the boffins can confirm, but I think George Digweed shoots gun up.

Come on guys, we all know digweed shoots from the hip :sly:

Personally I shoot gun down when I can. I feel (not know) that it's easier with certain shots and certain eye dominance. For example, I'm left eye dominant and right handed. Although in shooting for a couple of years I've gotten used to looking with my right when I'm using a gun (and keep getting told I can shoot both eyes open), left to right crossers, on edge, or anything fast is easiest when I have both eyes open and gun down so I mount and focus at the same time - if that makes any logical sense at all... It works for me most of the time <_<

Anything driven, teal, incoming, beneath my feet, or long range I tend to shoot gun up.

Highlight the word you want to cross through, then click on the icon on the right of the underline button. Little sub menu drops down then click on the bottom option, strikethrough! EASY REALLY

So i guess you've seen the video then? Don't like to say too much as i don't want to reveal my true identity :sly:

Are you Joan Bakewell? I mean John Bidwell

Thank you for that. I now feel fulfilled. I shall venture forth into a new tomorrow, striking through lifes sheeeeyte with a flourish of a mouse button <_<

Are you Joan Bakewell? I mean John Bidwell

Thank you for that. I now feel fulfilled. I shall venture forth into a new tomorrow, striking through lifes sheeeeyte with a flourish of a mouse button :sly:

You're welcome. I also feel fulfilled as i have helped a fellow PW'er venture forth into a new tomorrow!! I must now venture forth to my bed chamber and sleep soundly, knowing i have in some small way made your world a better place.

I Bid thee Well young Chard <_<

That's interesting. About the only time I shoot gun down is on long range stuff <_<

Perhaps it's where I've been shooting. We used to have a really high midi that appeared above one row of trees and curved its way across, barely dropping at a reasonable speed and disappearing over another row of trees. In order to hit it you didn't have a lot of time to get on it and pull the right distance ahead, so I used to mount and make sure my hand was way down the end of the fore end in order to point when i see it and start getting ahead.

Although, I'm aware I could have just mounted into where I was aiming to hit it, but then you've got that worry of the barrels not moving as fast as they need to be - I just stuck to what i knew! It was a bitch, I never saw anyone hit it twice in a row.

You're welcome. I also feel fulfilled as i have helped a fellow PW'er venture forth into a new tomorrow!! I must now venture forth to my bed chamber and sleep soundly, knowing i have in some small way made your world a better place.

I Bid thee Well young Chard :sly:

Sleep tight, you displaced Sufficker <_<

Sleep tight, you displaced Sufficker <_<

How very dare you sir, that is a vile insult to a man of Essex. (and to think i helped you with your crossing out too)

Anyway back to the topic. I shoot gun up!! :sly:

And down.......................depending on the target/bird/clay :good:

I shoot DTL mounted it hard enough as it is without letting the damn thing get further away, and sporting gun down.

And for anyone who says DTL is easy, at my club we;ll give you SGD 100 if you shoot 25 straight (Single barrel , variable angle) , it only been done 5 times so far since Jan 08 !.

regards

M.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, Diggy was certainly shooting "Gun Up" when I saw him at Southdown yesterday.

He's clever enough to realise that you need to eliminate all of the variables to ensure consistency, and a mismount can very often lead to a missed bird, so for the majority of "quick" targets, he shoots "Gun Up", as do 99.9% of other top Sporting shooters. This may be at odds with what you see on their promo videos, but when there's money at stake, "style" goes out of the window.

Remember, "This ain't figure skating........you don't get points for style"

Cat.

Well, I watched the coverage of the World Sporting Champs from last years' Lakenheath and King George was very much shooting gun down. He shot the Teal in the shoot off gun up, but then I shoot those gun up as well.

Faulds wasn't gun up either, or Cory Cruze the American. In fact, of the 7 in the shoot off the vast majority were gun down, so which 99% of top sporting shooters are you refering to? :good::drinks:

Well, I watched the coverage of the World Sporting Champs from last years' Lakenheath and King George was very much shooting gun down. He shot the Teal in the shoot off gun up, but then I shoot those gun up as well.

Faulds wasn't gun up either, or Cory Cruze the American. In fact, of the 7 in the shoot off the vast majority were gun down, so which 99% of top sporting shooters are you refering to? :good::drinks:

I think Cat was saying, they shoot "quick targets" gun up :

"so for the majority of "quick" targets, he shoots "Gun Up", as do 99.9% of other top Sporting shooters"

I think Cat was saying, they shoot "quick targets" gun up :

"so for the majority of "quick" targets, he shoots "Gun Up", as do 99.9% of other top Sporting shooters"

Well, Diggy was certainly shooting "Gun Up" when I saw him at Southdown yesterday.

Remember, "This ain't figure skating........you don't get points for style"

His first line read like a blanket statement covering everything, and the "99%" thing was trying to poke fun at my post.

So, in closing. I stand by the gun down for 99% of the big boys, the odd quick target here and there gun up has no bearing on the matter. :drinks:

i always shoot clays gun down, normally only shoot clays for practice, and you cant carry a gun at the shoulder all day when rough shooting :good:

But I'm not a rough shooter.

Two different sports.

I can see why game shooters and rough shooters shoot gun down (because I'm not stupid) :hmm:

Where I shoot, if you try and take some of the targets in the trees gun down, you're a ***. (Oh, and you'll miss). End of story.