Southdown this Sunday?

Nicky T

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'll definitely be there, will probably shoot 1st thing on the Sunday, it'll be a good shoot, with top quality targets, well worth a visit, but you have to be a CPSA member to enter, (or get a day pass), you've got the chance to shoot alongside Digweed and compare your performance against his..!! :oops::lol:

Cat.

???:lol::lol: Harrumph

In my day, he'd have been blackballed

I bet he's got a Lanber held together with baler twine :good:

nearly, its got lead taped all over the barrels and it does look a right heap.

shoots roughly in the right direction though

Just got back from Southdown!

Thanks to Rob (catamong) and Martin for allowing me to join them today.

Only scored a measley 44 but learnt loads from my first registered shoot and got some great pointers on areas of my shooting that I need to work on - cheers lads! :good:

Can't wait for the Masters in May!

Edited by Nicky T

Glad you had a good time. I read that the entry fee was £40! Was there a birds only option? :good:

What did Cat/Martin shoot?

Pete,

You missed a goodun there Matey, a typical Southdown layout, loads of "sky" around most birds and therefore plenty of places to miss, Chard would have loved it. ???

I shot a below par 83, on the very first stand, absolutely balled the first pair out into dustbags, then missed the next pair clean.........couldn't believe it..!! :good:

My mate did an 88, which was a good score on the day, I think top score today was 90, whereas yesterday there were quite a few scores in the 90's, top score yesterday was a pretty good 96. :hmm:

If it's any consolation to some, Diggy could only manage an 88, and young Chris Childerhouse, (who's literally on fire at the moment, won it last week there with a stunning 98.. :hmm::hmm::lol: ), could only manage an 87.

It's a funny old game, this clay shooting. :P

Very pleased to have young "Nicky T" from 'oop North' with us today, he shot very steady, cool, calm & collected, excellent stance and gunmount, a bit of a baptism of fire for him but he certainly didn't disgrace himself, well done that man..!! :lol:

Paulos had better watch out, he's got some serious competition now..!! :ermm:

Cat.

Very pleased to have young "Nicky T" from 'oop North' with us today, he shot very steady, cool, calm & collected, excellent stance and gunmount, a bit of a baptism of fire for him but he certainly didn't disgrace himself, well done that man..!! :good:

Paulos had better watch out, he's got some serious competition now..!! :hmm:

Nicky T, you needn't worry about me I can assure you!! I am not all that fantastic! :good::hmm:

You shooting at High Lodge next month Cat? I have re-planned my life today and am now going, having sacked off the skeet selection at East Yorkshire GC :hmm:

......a bit of a baptism of fire for him but he certainly didn't disgrace himself, well done that man..!! :good:

Paulos had better watch out, he's got some serious competition now..!! :hmm:

Cat.

Cat, thanks again for letting me shoot with yourself and Martin today :good:

A baptism of fire it was indeed, but what a cracking day out and what a different experience from Worsley - where did all the trees go at Southdown???

Definitely bitten by the competitive shooting bug after today so can't wait to check out what other registered shoots are on over the next few months.

Paulos; look forward to shooting with you in the future - representing "Oop North" of course :hmm:

Edited by Nicky T