Southdown this Sunday?

Nicky T

Nicky T, you needn't worry about me I can assure you!! I am not all that fantastic! :good::hmm:

You shooting at High Lodge next month Cat? I have re-planned my life today and am now going, having sacked off the skeet selection at East Yorkshire GC :hmm:

Yep,

I'm already booked in for a 9.00am squad on the Sunday, Biddy will put on a good layout, hopefully see you there..?? :good:

Cat.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed a goodun there Matey, a typical Southdown layout, loads of "sky" around most birds and therefore plenty of places to miss, Chard would have loved it. :good:

I've been practising shooting at sky :good:

They'll all be damned astonished next time :hmm::hmm:

Your result sounds none to shabby Cat !!

Nah.......it's a bit like our very own MC gloating over whooping the Layer Marney Boy Scouts at their 30 bird fundraiser, or Mung stuffing the Basildon Womens Institute at their fibre wad 40 bird special, absolutely no satisfaction there............could do better..!!!! :good:

Cat.

Nah.......it's a bit like our very own MC gloating over whooping the Layer Marney Boy Scouts at their 30 bird fundraiser, or Mung stuffing the Basildon Womens Institute at their fibre wad 40 bird special, absolutely no satisfaction there............could do better..!!!! <_<

Cat.

A wager Cat?

Do you think you will be more than 1 bird per stand in front of me at the Essex Masters?

I have been doing this for just 3 years and as you correctly observe rarely shoot outside of Essex. You on the other hand have shot for England, have been doing this forever (so it feels anyway) and travel gazillions of miles and spend tens of thousands of pounds on clays each year.

I would do £100 to a registered charity of the winner's choosing. Can't say fairer than that.

Yep thats about right, the mighty CATMEISTER slips even further down the slippery slope to retirement and he has to attack mung and myself. If I were you I would start shooting the local WI fibre wad challenge, because soon you will struggle at that.

Markio, I'll take two choc ices and some popcorn.

Yes, the offer that I made some time ago still stands on this one, basically everyone puts a £50 note into a bucket, then winner takes all, you never know, even I have the occassional "bad day at the races" so you just could get lucky, so c'mon give it a go.. :lol: ??

My score at this event is always in the range of 160 - 165, (which is below my average at English Sporting), assuming 2 x 12 stand layouts I think Mung should storm it, and even MC, (despite all of his excuses on the day) might get close to a 136, if not he ought to seriously consider giving up the clays and sticking to plinking coke cans..!! :hmm:

I ought to go on record to say that should I win, all of my winnings will be donated to a charity of my choice, namely the Billericay Bouncing Babies Day Centre. <_<

Cat.

Somebody jog the record player will they?

Just admit it Cat, your time is over, time to move onto a lesser known and shot discipline. Oh wait you already have <_<

As you seem obsessed by my excuses I will state now that there won't be any, I am going for the experience and going to enjoy the day. I have a 140 in my sights but seeing as though I have scored 122 for the last 2 years it seems like I am stuck there.

I will shoot as well as I can on the day and the score will be the score.

A wager Cat?

Do you think you will be more than 1 bird per stand in front of me at the Essex Masters?

I have been doing this for just 3 years and as you correctly observe rarely shoot outside of Essex. You on the other hand have shot for England, have been doing this forever (so it feels anyway) and travel gazillions of miles and spend tens of thousands of pounds on clays each year.

I would do £100 to a registered charity of the winner's choosing. Can't say fairer than that.

Cat I repeat the earlier proposition which you appear to have missed.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

A wager Cat?

No, I reckon you'll comfortably shoot a 140 plus, you should do considering all of the practice you have, albeit at predominantly biff shoots.

The fact is, nobody can accurately predict scores at these sorts of events, weather can easily make a 200 birder 10 birds harder from one day to the next, you've only got to look at the results of the South East Regional Champs at Southdown on the CPSA website, with many fancied names shooting in the low 70's..!! :hmm:

To me, there's only one score that matters, that's mine. :o

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

No, I reckon you'll comfortably shoot a 140 plus, you should do considering all of the practice you have, albeit at predominantly biff shoots.

The fact is, nobody can accurately predict scores at these sorts of events, weather can easily make a 200 birder 10 birds harder from one day to the next, you've only got to look at the results of the South East Regional Champs at Southdown on the CPSA website, with many fancied names shooting in the low 70's..!! :hmm:

Cat.

Agreeing with each other is becoming a habit Cat,

But you are bang on with that statement.

Edited by MC

Cat.

Not that it's got naff all to do with me but isn't that the point? A mere 1 bird per stand handicap to shoot against a poor 'haybale' shot against your experience at quality targets? Sounds only fair to me.

From a neutral bystander it looks like an awful lot of back tracking from yourself. :o

Ah, but don't let Mung convince you he is a "poor haybale" shot, the guy's come on in leaps and bounds over the last year or so, it wouldn't surprise me if he picks up some dosh in his class. :hmm:

Time will tell, I'm under the added pressure of knowing all of the Essex boys scores as they are all shooting before me............can I take that sort of stress..:o :o

Cat.

Not at all, i've been at many shoots with him and he is a good shot. But i think you'll find it was you trying to convince everyone else he (and others) are poor halebale shoots. :hmm:

I was simply pointing out that the handicap mentioned was a fair method to even up the playing field. After all, where's the fun if you know you're going to win, right?

Edited by Markio