Dog Attack!

spanielboy

And here is a bit from Times on line' about the use of force in self defence:

Guidance issued in 2005 by the Crown Prosecution Service and the Association of Chief Police Officers says that anyone can use reasonable force to protect themselves or others or to prevent crime. It couldn’t be plainer. It is based on the common law and section 3 of the Criminal Law Act 1967. A citizen isn’t expected to make fine judgments over the level of force used in the heat of the moment. The official advice says:

“So long as you only do what you honestly and instinctively believe is necessary in the heat of the moment, that would be the strongest evidence of you acting lawfully and in self-defence. This is still the case if you use something to hand as a weaponâ€

David

Sorry to jump in here David.

I am a BASC member and am trying to contact th e Scottish office regarding a DSC level 1 course.

Not getting any replies to my Emails.

Can you forward or PM a number I could call.

Many thanks

Jake.

apparently the police are on their way so we will see what happens. the joke of it is this is the 2nd or 3rd time the dog has attacked ours. the folks are now wanting to move as theres no pleasure walking here and they are fed up with the **** from these people! :D

So did the police arrive? What was the outcome?

the dog warden said there was nothing really he could do...however my mothers hand has needed medical attention so we will be taking this further. on my way home tonight about 35 mins ago i noticed the police in their driveway but as yet they havent appeared here. but the dog warden said i had to go and make a statement in the station tomorrow so its on the police records for future reference. but there are 4 witnesses saying they all say the dog out straying just before our attack and at one point it was atleast 1/4 of a mile from their house by itself! with a solicitor in the family i think this one is going to be pushed all the way.

I had a similar problem with dogs attacking- I was out rabbit shooting the summer before last and I had my 11 year old ESS and a 3 year old cocker with me. I was walking along some stewardship when 2 dog German Shepards- one standard and one white came round the corner-imedietly agressive- barking and running towards me- no owners they were running loose.

- the white one was the worst he had a pop at the cocker in which I kicked him away and shouted, they back off for a second them come back for another go- I had my gun in one hand, pushed my old girl into the ditch and pick the cocker up with my other hand- the ****** still wouldn't back off so I dropped the cocker in the ditch and guarded them while I loaded the gun and shot 2 cartridges into the air-- they soon run away. One of there colars fell of in the scuffle but no tag.

In was just one of those situations where they are on top of you before you can do anything about. Lucky my girls were fine..The most annoying thing about it there was no owner to shout at, or addres/ phone number to have ago.

Id of shot the ******* mate! Sounds like 2 dangerous dogs under no control what so ever! :D

:good: no matter what happens itll come down to their word against mine if theres no witnesses about! it doesnt matter if i have a rottie or a pekingese (which i have owned in the past). but no one has ever been stupid enough to pick the 2nd option when they see my cuddly baby arnie walking on his lead beside me :good:

Nice looking dog mate, i have a couple of rotties and if there is ever any bother my little cocker just hides under there legs, she knows shes quite safe there.

Dave.