Torch/flashlights viable mounting option?

gamebag

Hi im thinking of using a torch/flashlight (depending on what you want to call them) instead of a conventional lamp because of all the cables added weight of battery pack etc..

This will be for rating & short 2 medium range bunny shooting at night. Does any one have any ideas on how i should mount the torch/flashlight & also what type of lumen level i should be looking at using & finaly if i should use an led or xenon light source.

Also if u have any suggestions on a make that would be great.

Cheers! :-)

Hi amateur do u have any idea as 2 what the output of it is in lumens?.

Haven't a clue - but it lights them up (and more importantly, as far as I was concerned, was a dirt-cheap way of getting into short-range lamping)

Oki-doki thanks anyway. Im looking @ either a surefire g2 with led bulb or maybe 1 of the pentagon range. Does any one have any experance with the bigger pentagon range i have a pentagon molle light in my edc bag and its a wicked bit of kit.

Sigh just read on the net that pentagonlights got shut down by surefire over a patent infringment so can any one suggest an alternative make because the sure fire route might go expensive.

Edited by gamebag

I paid £30 for a 'x-verminator' xenon gun light and mount. it lights up to 50 metres which is gret but my mate had a 'cree' led torch which he got for about £10 or so which was as close as makes no difference in terms of illumination.

see link for a good range to choose from at excellent prices

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.cree#901

I've used both the Tesco AA and C cell torches.

To be blunt, they are EXCELLENT!!!

The AA lamp is a 3watt Cree and cost approx £9.

It is mounted on my gun with some standard 15mm plumbing pipe clips fixed to a short length of 1" steel strip.

this is then connect via a 2" bit of studding to a scope mount, upside-down.

It is light weight, has excellent range, probably 50-70m for retinal reflections and is easy to add a remote switch (I used a door bell press :) )

The C Cell is currently on my gun. 3watt Cree again but the bigger batt give it a bit more oomph:D

The mount was plumbing accessories again from B&Q I've used the 22mm (I think?? :( ) which is not quite as good a fit but has not failed yet.

It will illuminate trees 80-100m away and give great retinal reflections at 80m.

Again adapting the switch is a piece of cake and is non destructive.

I'll try and pop up some piccies of what I've done, but it has replaced my xenon surefire ;)

HTH

Danro

someone posted an ebay torch mounting thing a while ago..

found it...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nylon-flashlight-mou...93%3A1|294%3A50

As supersonic said, i google it and found one for £1.72 delivered. Just order one. Let see what happens. Hopefully it'll mount on my pump action barrel/magazine in a suitable fashion for under £2! Here you go.

Edited by Markio

I bought a small LED torch from Tesco's and mounted it with a conventional light mount on top of my sight.

It lights up bunny eyes beautifully at up to 30 yds and has a convenient rear switch

Torch!

Got one myself today from Tescos £8 odds as it was on sale plus a couple of Batts thrown in..

they are even bright in daylight....just got to get the fixing sorted now..