What zero range?

Hi guys im now zeroing my HMR again, as the first time didnt go well :good:

So now with my new scope....a Nighteater 6-24x56...mahoooosive objective lense :look: ...about 2mm off the barrel with high mounts :yes:

im re zeroing, im trying hornady ammo :lol: ...

Ive had the trigger adjusted, and the gunsmith said it was bedded om even though the action isnt bedded?

I was also wondering if its ok to blue threadlock scope screws?

But my final question is what is a good zero range I was thinking 65yds?

Steve

If you want a starting point to get the scope close, then ~40 yards is about the same as a 125 yard zero. If you put it dead on a 40, you'll hit the target at 100 and be able to adjust from there.

My HMR was set for 125. That gave me more than enough range.

Thanks

Rick

Go with 100 yards job done. Can shoot to about 120 down to 25 yards.

Most people with this caliber will zero between 75 to 120 yards depending on what they shoot, trerrain. Other wise people who tell you zero at 35, 50, would be better of with 22lr.

Most people with this caliber will zero between 75 to 120 yards depending on what they shoot, trerrain. Other wise people who tell you zero at 35, 50, would be better of with 22lr.

Actually people who can't figure there are two zeros might be the ones better off with a .22lr.

The people who tell him to zero at 35 or 50 yards are experienced enough to know the bullet is still rising in relation to the scope view - The scope again sees the bullet at about 130 yards with a 35 yard zero and at about 100 yards with a 50 yard zero.

There is a primary zero and a secondary zero - but it's easier to see the tiny .172 bullet hole at the closer distance.

Actually people who can't figure there are two zeros might be the ones better off with a .22lr.

The people who tell him to zero at 35 or 50 yards are experienced enough to know the bullet is still rising in relation to the scope view - The scope again sees the bullet at about 130 yards with a 35 yard zero and at about 100 yards with a 50 yard zero.

There is a primary zero and a secondary zero - but it's easier to see the tiny .172 bullet hole at the closer distance.

Correct

Using Federal Premium .17HMR Ballistic Tip Ammunition the Point of Impact at 100 yards is exactly the same as 40 yards

See here http://www.federalpremium.com/products/Gra...ctoryGraph.aspx

So you can zero at 40 yards (much easier , much less walking :) ) and you will be perfectly zeroed at 100 yards

Pleased I could help :(

The first time the projectile crosses the line of sight 'should' be called point blank, the second time is the 'zero' range (if using correct ballistics terminology). However point blank (originally a French term) has become known as very short range and is refered to in 'cop films' as right on the muzzle..... :)

I set my mates .17HMR (Sako quad) zero at 100yds, its nowt special but will print tidy groups of less than 3/4" at that range.