painting gun

cyberbenny32

hi guys any advise on painting a rifle.....logun s16 camo colours

i know it depreciates the value, but i dont care!!! its my gun and i intend to keep it that way

i was wondering what paint, where to get it and how to do a good job!!

any advise would be appreciated

I've never painted a gun but im sure a nice olive green as a base would be a good start. Maybe use matt acrylic paint?!

Or even use camo tape and cover all the bits you want on the rifle?! I'm sure somebody with some experience in painting their rifle will elaborate more on this but these two ideas is what i'dthink of first.

Hope this aint been too useless advice :oops:

Regards and good luck,

Scott

another vote for krylon, click comes in camo colours, your gun wood stock? or synthetic? if its wood, it will be a good idea to sand down the stock first (take out barrel and mechanism first obviously) sand you stock down and then put a base coat down, as for camo pattern, well that may need a stencil, if you cant find a stencil, then just get a gun sock, wont deminish the value or anything, because when you want to sell the gun, you just take the sock off, here is a link (shows some gun tape aswell) but bottom right is the gun sock linky

hope this helps mate...

Here is my origional link.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...201&hl=camo

But BEWARE. This is a long process to do correctly. Wear powder free gloves to avoid any finger traces. ALLOW time for paint to dry. Poly Matt coats can and WILL blister your work. So final matt coats, start very light with the first and allow 48 hours to dry before further coats with at least 24 hours. Your rifle may look quite glossy but the poly matt protection final coats will stop this in its tracks.

I used Monster Matt spray but would have preffered Krylon matt ones.

Remember you will have a painted gun and no amount of Poly protection is going to stop any scratch against a wall or rocks!

Look after your unique masterpeice, with handling and a good gun bag.

My AA S410 is due for camo in the next couple of weeks.

By altering the base colours you can get more woodland or more grassland. Practice first on carved peices of wood and take notes. I did and you should!!!! I did some right shockers, but you can easily redo the stock yet this means starting again. :angry:

Have fun :angry:

Carbon