basc for jobseekers

myzeneye

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one major point that most seem to have missed here! I can see where Myzeneye is coming from but if BASC reduced their subs for everyone we would not get the service, commitment to our sport or the cover, insurance wise, we have become accustomed to. It all costs money for them too!

And lets be quite clear on this, they really are there for their members no matter what any particular person wants, as has been the case for me recently!

GH

your right greenhunter ol pal... your right...

i know you've had to use their services mate, but id imagine an awfull lot of members simply hand over their fee's year in year out and never have to call them at all. (lucky for them i know) so in their cases,and id imagine thats alot of folk, its money for nowt...

but yes...those fee's do go towards legal issues and defending our rights etc... so, i guess we cant grumble....

Good to see the BASC knockers are still at it. Reduced from £64 to £29, but I suppose you'll still find something to moan about.

wasnt knocking anything at all you tool, just asking, and ment as nothing really goes down that much.

If people are finding it hard now with money, Shooting insurance wont be on there list as its not a thing you need by law

Either are Home and Contents insurance for homeowners but it would be irresponsible not to have it.

Either are Home and Contents insurance for <a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='<a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='homeowners';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://cheetahserve.info?v=1%2E26&ss=homeowners">homeowners</a>';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://cheetahserve.info?v=1%2E26&ss=<a onMouseOver="java script:window.status='homeowners';return true;" onMouseOut="java script:window.status='';return true;" href="http://cheetahserve.info?v=1%2E26&ss=homeowners">homeowners</a>">homeowners</a> but it would be irresponsible not to have it.

A lifelong shooting buddy of mine has fell on really hard times of late through loss of employment. I have paid his wildfowling club subscription for this year, which includes his BASC membership at the reduced rate.

I have even thrown a few hundred shells his way so he can amuse himself on a few pigeons while he's available.

I am not being brash, but I value his company out shooting greater than a few poxy quid-I know he would do the same for me if I was in his position.

Edited by starlight32

A lifelong shooting buddy of mine has fell on really hard times of late through loss of employment. I have paid his wildfowling club subscription for this year, which includes his BASC membership at the reduced rate.

I have even thrown a few hundred shells his way so he can amuse himself on a few pigeons while he's available.

I am not being brash, but I value his company out shooting greater than a few poxy quid-I know he would do the same for me if I was in his position.

More power to your elbow starlight. I'm sure he appreciates that he can keep some sort of normality rather than the knock on effect of losing more than his job. :yes:

Guest topshot_2k

It is hard at the minute, i lost my job in december, luckily i got some agency work but im earning a third of what i used to. People who keep saying this dicount only helps the lazy ones who dont want to work need to wake up and realise that a lot of hard working people have fallen on hard times through no fault of their own.

oh for ****s sake! so what? how many of those can afford cartridges at almost £5 a box? at least itll swell the bloody numbers a bit if they did join! i know that if i lost my job tomorrow (which is a distinct possibility) id be more than grateful to basc for reducing membership costs for people in a tough spot. by some of these reactions you'd think basc had turned around and said that all muslims/illegal immigrants/convicted paedophiles will get free membership for life! it ****** me off no end to see the anti basc ***** jumping in to have a go any chance they get. why dont you just bloody wise up. :yes:

:oops:

Good man Starlight, sometimes we forget that shooting can be sociable, my best shooting buddy is having rough times at the moment and i would think shooting wouldn't be the same without the guy, it was him introduced me to wildfowling and showed me the ropes of lamping foxes, he's a general good allrounder and the day he hangs up the guns will be a sad day for me!! While i've a quid in my pocket so does he!!

your missing the point here... most of us have been affected by this rescession in some way and with my own membership up for renewal, i for one will be literally scraping the fee's together to remain a member...... its not just those who have been unfortunate enough to loose their jobs who should benefit here... we're not all earning megabucks and shooting on driven days every other day of the week...you know the people i mean here, who can afford to buy the hand made, fitted solid oak drinks cabinets for the back of their range rover, you know the type they advertise every month in the basc mag...

add to that the point that i AM a member who appreciates what i get for my money and understands fully the reasons why i should be a member, my point is simply that if they can reduce their rate, then now would be an appropriate time to do it for all, even if it was only by a few quid...it would help...

You got it in one there. :yes:

Reduced membership for all as its not just the unemployed struggling, I aint been out shooting since the end of the season and it would help me if things were a bit cheaper for me as Im not on a high wage at the moment.

And Babbyc1000 Whats with the BASC knockers thing if it was any other organisation that people were knocking you wont use that excuse will you. Not everyone likes BASC get use to it and I find its probably a good way for BASC to improve services.

It's the "I can't have it so you shouldn't get it" or "If you get it then so should I" type of post that really grinds my gears.

Reminds me of when I lived in a "not so desirable" area where the attitude to making a bit of brass was "You never paid that much for it so you can't sell it for more than you paid"

If some people don't like what they're being offered, then get it from somewhere else or live with it.

you still had the ignorance to write it in the first place so trying to retract a statment doesnt cut it with me... i have fallen on hard times and its nice to know that there are still a few organisations out there who are willing to give people a helping hand....

oh and yes i can still afford to shoot due to some good friends that also give me a discount on cartridges

I was not trying to retract my comment, i stand by what i said.

I lost my job in February. What do you know about me that entitles you to stereotype me as "great unwashed"? Or anyone else that has lost their job?

I HOPE YOURS IS SAFE ....................................

another "i didnt read the post". :yes: My comment was not about people who have lost their jobs, but the ones who WONT work. Why should they get the discount, we the members are working thier ***** off?

My job is safe thanks Dave, and i hope you find another one soon.

time for some humble pie mart.... :oops:

Not on your nelly Matt :no:

But i personally prefur the NGO as i am a keeper and the NGO is for keepers. BASC's advice and expert help is fine for weekend shooters but when it comes to keepering i personally dont value there input at all. And as i live breathe and depend on keepering then the NGO are the best organisation for me. Also, im not saying that basc arn't but i'm not aware of them providing help for redundant gamekeepers like the NGO and Gamekeepers welfare trust are.

Each to their own :rolleyes:

But George, you're only 19. You seem to have had a meteoric rise in status since leaving school? :yes::D

myzeneye, did it give anymore information of when it would be available from and how to take up the reduced offer as i am currently claiming job seekers and i think i can now afford to join basc something i have wanted to do but not been able to afford. any more information would be good cant find anything on the internet?!

myzeneye, did it give anymore information of when it would be available from and how to take up the reduced offer as i am currently claiming job seekers and i think i can now afford to join basc something i have wanted to do but not been able to afford. any more information would be good cant find anything on the internet?!

Go onto the BASC site and do a search for jobseekers.

It's discount for Jobseekers, the majority of which will be people who have unfortunately lost their jobs and are looking for other work. The ones that make their 'living' fraudulantly claiming the 'lucrative' benefits won't get the discount.

i had to finish work on medical grounds and it,s been a good while since i last had a days shooting due to costs etc,my question is........

can you get cartridges on the national health, purley for medicenal use of course.

It's discount for Jobseekers, the majority of which will be people who have unfortunately lost their jobs and are looking for other work. The ones that make their 'living' fraudulantly claiming the 'lucrative' benefits won't get the discount.

i hope your not implying anything about my character or the willingness on my part to work because if you are we have another person judging when you no naff all about a person....

and fifty pounds a week is hardly lucrative!

Edited by Duncan.heywood

i hope your not implying anything about my character or the willingness on my part to work because if you are we have another person judging when you no naff all about a person....

and fifty pounds a week is hardly lucrative!

Try reading it again and think about what I've written. I've said people claiming JSA i.e people seeking a job are the ones that get the discount not the people that don't want to work. By 'lucrative' I mean the people that have been on IB and DLA for years when there's **** all wrong with them.