Bike problem

Sergeant

My 2003 DT125R has suddenly developed a strange rhythmic click that occurrs below about 6000rpm in any gear. It is most noticable when under load (going up hill ect) and seems to be coming from the gearbox. I cant feel anything through the gear lever and I doubt if its the engine as each click is approx 2 - 3 seconds apart. Has anyone noticed this or is able to shed some light on the subject. BTW, the bike has never been off road.

Sounds like a chain problem or sprocket , but like rooster said might be sommat simple like a speedo cable

have you tried running it on its centre stand ?

but Dont do this on your own and for christs sake dont put your fingers anywhere you wouldnt put yer ****!!!!! Just look n listen! you might be able to pin point it

Hope i've helped

WB

Searge,

Just check that your bicycle clips and catching against the chain guard. Had the same problem on my PUCH moped.Only happened uphill. If you turn the clips around so the open part of the circle is facing roadwards it eliminates this problem.

Glad to help

Jim

Searge,

Just check that your bicycle clips and catching against the chain guard. Had the same problem on my PUCH moped.Only happened uphill. If you turn the clips around so the open part of the circle is facing roadwards it eliminates this problem.

Glad to help

Jim

OI , Now i have to go and change !!!!

I just P##### my self laughing!!! :thumbs: :lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:P

Good old 70's Puch

Them were the days! :D:D:lol:

Seems strange that this would happen only under a 6k RPM, is that because you cant here anything but the screaming engine over 6k?!?

Generally, if your getting a clicking under load it would suggest that the chain and/or sprockets are worn or need adjusting, as others have already said.

Spokes may also do this but generally do this all then time not just under load.

If it seems that the noise is coming from the gearbox area it could be anything, clutch, gearbox or even the premix pump. Rotary cables ie speedo are also worth checking as already mentioned.

Failing that, get it up to your local dealer as they should be able to help you.

regards,

Axe.

If your gonna put the bike on a log make sure you got a mate with ya to steady it. Else it'll end up lkike one of those bike clips RB has been posting up...lol!!!!

I used to use a Black and decker workmate with the bottom legs folded in. Mind you I only put my Fantic on it, not a DT.

Regards,

Axe

PS Mind ya pinkies!!

get a bigger bike :rolleyes:

shouldnt have to drop the clutch just feel the bite rev it to about 6grand and gently pull back with your weight be carefull not to flip it.

if i could wheelie my mt50 for about 20 yards im sure you can on a dt.

is it restricted

Probably not the wheelies much more likely to be caused by corrosion fromn the winter use or general poor chain maintenance you should lube after every 200 road miles or more often off road.

To wheelie run along in first role the gas of then as the front dips crack it open and it will come up. You will need to try this at different rves until you find whare it lifts you dont want to loop it so cover the back break at all times and if its going wrong clutch in and back brake on.

Good luck

Dave