Pest control help needed - Horsham, West Sussex

Hi,

I have 20 acres in Mid-Sussex, south of Horsham and am overrun with rabbits, rooks, magpies and pigeons. I'd like to offer my land to shoot on to someone who could help me.

I have livestock and a footpath that passes on edge of the boundary so would need a responsible, fully insured person. The pests seem wise to shotguns so I think a rifle would be beneficial.

There may be an opportunity to extend the shooting area to neighbours land.

Thanks in advance :yes:

Becky

Hi,

Many thanks for all the responses. I'll go through to find someone nearby, hopefully they can pop out regularly then.

You are right I did ask for help about a year ago and a guy responded. He came and had a look around but then work overtook him and he couldn't spare the time. He was quite a distance away. By that time the varmin had stopped breeding.

I have cattle, sheep, pigs, chicken and kids, in that order. I used to shoot with my brother and then was 'promoted' to driving the 'bunny bagger' which was an old Morris Minor with a hole cut in the roof. My brother and his friends stood on the back seat and shot whilst I drove and jumped out every now and then to collect the spoil !! I still have a tendancy to drive AT bunnies on the road when I see them.

Hubby shoots and has a shotgun and .22 rifle but does not have the time because of all the jobs he says I give him :yahoo:

I had an opportunity to fire a Heckler and Koch MP5 rifle a short while ago and scored quite a respectable round - I think it woulds make a bit of a mess of the bunnies though :yahoo:

Becky

Hi,

Mallet is coming around tomorrow. He was closest and has a .22 - I now have a fox problem. Lost two of my chicken today after it scaled a six foot fence.

Yes I do exist and yes I asked for help last year and was let down. If I find that there is too much for mallet I'll be contacting you BSA-airgunner as the next nearest.

Many thanks

Becky

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...