sports trap

well it better than nothing mate, we all have to start somewhere clayshooting is a skill you have to master it, and by the sounds of it you going well, don't worry about big scores, they will come mate main thing is to stick with it and enjoy it

atb sounder

An odd question........if the top score was 18 ex 30 then yes, your score was good, if most people were banging in 28's & 29's then clearly there's room for improvement, bit of a no brainer really..?? :yes:

Scores in Sportrap tend to be higher than English Sporting because a) You get 2 shots at the singles, :yes: - There aren't many really long range screamers.

It's great fun, I can't understand why more grounds don't run it, as it takes a lot less effort (and cost) to run a decent shoot.

Cat.

An odd question........if the top score was 18 ex 30 then yes, your score was good, if most people were banging in 28's & 29's then clearly there's room for improvement, bit of a no brainer really..?? :yes:

Scores in Sportrap tend to be higher than English Sporting because a) You get 2 shots at the singles, :oops: - There aren't many really long range screamers.

It's great fun, I can't understand why more grounds don't run it, as it takes a lot less effort (and cost) to run a decent shoot.

Cat.

I wish that were true for me! My CPSA average for sporting at the moment is 84.5% and my sportrap is 58% :yes: (neither are over a great deal of targets so perhaps not entirely accurate :P )

Claybreaker, just look at the results list to see how you are comparing. :yes: Without knowing the layout it would be hard to comment.

Sportrap is a nice way to shoot 25 birds quickly without hassle, and more importantly, without having to suffer the boredom of Trap or Skeet. :yes:

The pool shoot at the Essex Club Championships was a 25 bird Sportrap, £5 to enter, and with 5 nice targets.

The British Open Sportrap last year was my first real go at the discipline ended up with 57/100. This obviously sucked, and I quickly learnt that it's vital to work out which of the simo pair you are going to shoot first. I'll be entering this year's BO Sportrap as well.

unfortunately most sport trap seems to revove around a skeet range, which in turn makes it ********.

i have only ever been to a couple of good sport trap shoots, the kind that are like a fitasc layout.

its a shame really cus i find them much fun!

Our local club has a dedicated Sport Trap or Compak layout and its nice to have a go after the sporting layout on a weekend.

I managed to straight ours last week (25x25) with only 24 shots. Complete fluke but it miffed off a few of the shooters who are on it all day long.

Its a great discipline with the added bonus that ours is under cover so you can shoot when its pessing down.

Edited by Freakmode