My First Rabbit

clubb699

Hi all,

After 2 years on the field the time has finally come, while out in the field i spotted a couple of rabbits 90 meteres i kept an eye on them for 30 min, not to rush my first stalk to them i noticed everything seemed right wind was blowing away from me and they were feeding happy.

I started off moving slowly up the edgeway in thick nettles and very long grass ( paying the price now itch itch lol) i continued about 30 meteres and actually lost view of the rabbits but was paying attention to the 30 odd pigeons feeding near by making sure i did not spook them. Right my mind was ticking whats next no rabbits to be seen so i thought bite the bullet and advance so i did for a few more minutes then all of a sudden the pigeons lifted and my heart was pounding thinking i had blown it. I looked up and spotted the rabbits then could not believe what happened next from high up was well think it was buzzard making a screaching noise it was that that spooked the pigeons and then all of a sudden spooked the rabbits nooooooooo. I was gutted thought oh no i just stalked that far to have them spooked off then all of a sudden i thought make use of the time and run closer so i did, i placed myself down 30 yards from the last spot i seen them and stopped still i thought well lets just see what happens 10 mins went passed and all of a sudden 4 meteres out of the edge by me out comes the bunny it lept out and run away from me it stopped about 25 yards stood up, heart racing i slowly raised my gun took aim and slowly squeezed the trigger of my 1.77 BSA Scorpian and boom it hit the deck.

Well im absolutly over the moon lads and thanks for reading :good:

DSCF2668.jpg

DSCF2669.jpg

Clubb699