BLACK PANTHER / CATS...SHOOT IT OR NOT?

Rigwallet, I think you could kill a big cat with a shotgun, a 1oz solid slug would easily penetrate it's vitals. Probably a 42g load of SSG would do it too. But, and it is a big but, it would be at so close a range as to make it very nerveracking and decidedly unsafe. Not for the faint hearted, certainly not something i would want to do.

ft

**** law says you'll fumble the cartridges in your pocket, and pull out some 28g 7'1/2 RC1's by mistake.

Pretty sure the cat won't see the funny side of it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldrick - I do see what you mean there. It could possibly be a case of mistaken identity. When my friend spotted the one he supposedly seen it was on a large nature reserve with adjoining woods for many miles. There have been several reports of sightings before and since (although my friend didn't know it). It was on a bank about 400 yards away across a small valley. He shouted me to come over and look but by the time I got to him it had gone. He reconed it was near Greyhound size and jumped the stock mesh fence into the woods before I could see it. He said he was certain it wasn't a dog as it didn't move like that?

My problem is that I have no reason not to believe him. He's close enough to me for me to know how his mind works. He's a pretty sceptical type himself and isn't going to lie about it. He knows enough that he wouldn't have mistaken it for a dog or Deer and he had the fence for scale (we hadn't long put it up!), so what else could it have been? If the ground had been wetter I'd have tried to track it or at lest find prints but it was mid summer and rock hard. I'm not good enough to ID tracks in those conditions. If he was messing about he'd have said by now.

Edited by njc110381

How about this then guys, i was out shooting rabbits near North Walsham with my air rifle, and as i was sitting down on a tree stump, i saw a black panther like beast, Scratching at a tree, like a house hold cat would scratch at a scratching post, after about 4 mins the beast ran in the woods, after i recovered i walked to the tree, and i could not believe me eyes, you should have seen the scratch marks in the tree, at least 1/2 inch deep, The next day i reported what i saw to the police, defra, local prees and tv. The full storey was printed in the Eastern Daily Press on the 10 april this year, so have a look just google it, Thanks,

i just had a look at the scratches on that tree, a poor little thin skinned human would be torn apart in seconds, baxterboy i thinkl you need a bigger rifle or maybe even a .17hmr to drop the critter that made those marks

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/science-...rove-there.html

mikee

Thank you for that, i was ******** myself, i just wish that i had a FAC, Iknow there's alot ot people out there who do not believe, But they are out there, Shaun,

That made me laugh out loud.

I can't but help think this is the prelude to a "have you shot a cat?" topic or, "if you were shooting at a large panther like creature and it turned out to be a domestic cat...." kind of thread :blush:

In Essex, you must surely have the Pink Panther do you not?