SG Shot 12 Gauge Rounds

I have out of interest and thinking of foxes, I bought a box of Gamebore's Buffalo SG shot 12 gauge cartridges. They only have 9 balls of shot in each round, so I suspect they are ideal on close range foxes, but I was wondering if anyone else has used them and on what? Are they a gimmick or not?

No doubt they are not ideal for high range aerial shots, as 9 balls at a pigeon say is likely to dodge getting hit.

Good points and bad anyone?

Seen the patterns on a plate at about 25 yards.... :good:

No idea what choke they were put through but all I know was if you tried to place a fox size target over the most marks then you would be lucky to get 2 maybe 3 into it, if that...

Best idea would be AAA or #1 .. or something inbetween! :P

Best idea would be AAA or #1 .. or something inbetween! :good:

Libs is correct.

00 Buckshot is what they call it in the USA & its much more lethal over longer ranges than normal birdshot, the US police use this round on criminals & it is known for its fight stopping power.

You need to be aware that it will travel a long way & still be dangerous even if the grouping is poor.

A new round made by federal called flyte control 00 buckshot performes much better over distance.

00/SG is not a good choice for what you suggest.

It is used in IPSC practical shotgun competitions sometimes, targets have scoring zones & the highest two scoring hits are counted.

N

The SG shell was a favourite of junglies for close quarter ambush/patrol work in the 50's and 60's, in their ultra reliable 870 wingmasters. If you want to shoot foxes with a shottie use BB's, 1's or 3's. I favour 1's. I can see no point in using SG, SSG or AAA on foxes unless you can put enough pellets up the barrel to form a decent pattern. My shoulder doesn't want to experience that :rolleyes:

ft