How long for a 1-1 variation

I sent my licence off last Friday for a 1-1 variation, and got it back today. Allowing for them not working the weekend, and posting it to me on Wednesday,(post marked) it took them 2 days to adjust it. This was with South Wales Police.

EDIT. I remember many years ago, taking my licence to the S.W.police headquarters and waiting there while a 1-1 was done. Oh Happy Days!

Edited by steve_b_wales

I took off a 22lr slot and added a 243 slot. Took 6 days, although about 2 of them were checking that I had a mentor as was my first CF rifle :yes: Well done South Wales Police :no:

BTW what you swap steve ? Any news guns on the way ?

Edited by Bigthug87

Last year I sold my Ruger to a local gun shop,took the sale ticket and my license to Kent police HQ and asked for a 1 for 1 variation,and was told to wait,15 mins later I walked out with the authorisation on my license and went back to the shop and purchased a new rifle,total time from selling to buying was one and a half hours. Well done Kent Firearms Dept.

about 3 and a half months with the psni, swapping one .22lr for another! :no:

tho that was over 2 years ago, supposed to be far better now :yes:

They are not much quicker now either!!! This is just 1 of the the things i don't quite understand about our licensing deptpartment over here!!!

Sorry should add we can do a 1 on 1 off same day in the dealers shop for shotguns.

Edited by GW80