Afternoons shoot ruined

Wiggum

Went out yesterday afternoon with a friend to shoot over some old stubble next to a huge field of wheat.We had got everything set up with my friend at one end of the field and myself tucked into the bushes towards the other end of the field as to try and keep the birds on the move.

The field itself is quite tricky to shoot as it has a duel carrigeway running along the length of it on one side so restricts the direction in which you can shoot.

We got everything set up and quite quickly my mate had bagged his first bird :good: .And then out of the blue the police helicopter appeared from over the tree's behind me and preceeded to hover right above my decoys just as a couple of birds were coming into range :good: .

I decided to break and unload my gun then placed it into my slip and stood up and took off my camo face shroud as to make myself more visable to the hovering boys in blue as we have permission to shoot there and were not doing anything wrong.

I was expecting an armed response unit car to come and check us out but 20min's later i was still stood out in the field in full view with the chopper still hovering above me ?.At this point we decided to call it a day and pack up the kit as there was no pigeons within 10 miles thanks to my new found friends 150ft above me !

The chopper even followed us back to the cars and i was half expecting a knock at the door when i arrived home as i only live around 2 miles from where we shoot.

So all in all it was a waste of a couple of hours and i didn't even get to fire a shot !!!

Has anyone had anything simular happen to them whilst out in the field ?.Also do you think ringing the police before we went out would have prevented this happening or would they still have come and had a look at us ? im assuming someone had called the police when my mate had shot the first bird but cant be certain :cry1:

I would suggest you ring the police and ask what on earth they were doing!

You were engaged in a lawfull activity and they knew damn fine what you were doing .

They have loud speakers and they also could have landed if they thought you shouldnt be there .

They will bull **** the asnswer anyway !

You could have phoned the ACR and asked them why their helicopter was hovering above you. You should have a non emergency number that will get you through to the force operator. Ask to be put through to the Area control room for wherever. You may be asked why. Tell them and you'll get put through.

makes you look more suss if you packed up and went home....should have rang the police from the field mate.....would have thought they would have sent a car out if they were that bothered and not let you out of their sight until they knew who you were and what you were upto :good: