WHY SHOOTING?

jamie1

spot on kipper, all the different people ive shot with over the years and very few even come close to being as good a companion as my old dog, out on the marsh as the sun comes up huddled together in a creek sharing my sarnies and tea nothing better

mikee

I totally agree with paults responce to this question, getting out of the house for a few hours on your own with a dog or with a shooting companion and bag what ever it is your hunting nothing beats it, plus the screaming skull (aka the wife) aint around .nothing beats it ! :/

Its a challenge to better your self. to put food on your table through your natural instinct to hunt. Im not sure what it is but going out in the quiet and just listening to the noises and testing your eyes for movement. getting rid of that tunnel vision that we have become so accustomed to and just getting back to nature. At the end of a good hunt the satisfaction of picking up those animals which you have dispatched and knowing they have had a wild natural life and are going to taste of real food.

Yes i know that was a very lame post but its true!

:) good one

I get out on my permission as often as I can (about once a week at the moment), because when I go hunting, everything from the normal busy daily grind simply melts away and I actually feel relaxed.

Add to that the fact im helping maintain the land and bringing food back to either my table or the ferrets.