F.A.C Air rifles PCP

High velocity

Hi been reading most of the topics in the forum, and just wondered if anyone can answer the ?

I have a rapid and as it is it is quiet i was wondering if it is put on ticket (fac) would it be much noisier, what sort of power would be best and would i loose accuracy.

I have been shooting for over 35yrs, with shot gun & centre fire

The rapid i have had for just over 10yrs

Many thanks :unsure:

Hi there and welcome to the forum :unsure:

unfortunatly it would be next to imposible to increase the power of any air rifle with out then increasing the noise level as there is a much larger volume of air that needs displacing on leaving the muzzle.

Though different silencers will help with this to some extent but not illiminate it all together.

all the best

ROB :lol:

Thanks Rob,

Is the Logan about the best on the market as people say. At the mo i have the evo but have been looking at the Ripley they look well made and sound good asswell but are they worth the xtra money, about £80.

and could anyone say weather if the silencer was longer would it make it less accurate?

Is the Logan about the best on the market as people say.

No, not in my experiance. I dont know if it will fit your Theoben but ive found that an 8" Webley BBMF Silencer is more effective than a Logun.

Ive found that the new Weihrauch HW100 silencer is probably amongst the best of the mass produced silencers on the market.

Ive heard good things about Ripley, Jim Edge and John Bowkett custom silencers. Ive also had a couple of Sandwell Field Sports Custom Silencers, one of which i sold on here and wish i never did as it was ace.

As above, i dont know if any of these will fit your Rapid.

and could anyone say weather if the silencer was longer would it make it less accurate?

No, shouldnt do. The weight of the silencer may effect the point of impact as it may shift the barrel slightly. It should not effect the accuracy unless the pellet is clipping the silencer.

Regards, donkey

the new Weihrauch silencer is better than the logan silencer and it fits the theoben mk2 but you have to have the barrel threaded mine puts out 26ftlbs and is as quiet with this on as it was with the original silencer at 12ftlbs.

hope this helps.

Mike :):shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

PS and the Weihrauch silencer is quite cheap only about £35

Edited by hawkeye

for an fac rapid robert lane silencer is the way to go? not cheap? about £65 I have one on one of my rapids? ok its a bit longer than say a logun but as its made from aircraft grade alluminium, its FAR lighter , whisper quiet

cheers Keith

for an fac rapid robert lane silencer is the way to go? not cheap? about £65 I have one on one of my rapids? ok its a bit longer than say a logun but as its made from aircraft grade alluminium, its FAR lighter , whisper quiet

cheers Keith

Robert Lane, thats another name i was trying to think of.

Forgot to ask

is it possible to attatch a bi pod to a rapid at the moment i am using a small fishing tripod, it works a treat but is a bit of a pain in the rs to keep using, i like the harris type put cant see any way to fix it on. and you cant put one on the barrel for obious reasons. :)

am sure there was a thread about a bipod fitting by one of the forum members link here

guy at the club made a decent one out of a bit of drain pipe some araldite bit of plastic and a QD stud. (will try to explain)

get a peice of drain pipe (colour not important) slightly small diamiter than the bottle.

cut a peice of drain pipe abouit 6" and mitre cut one end of it (this will be the front)

cut a slit in the pipe slit aprox 1" in the short side and shamfer edges (is shamfer the right term?)

araldite a small piece of plastic in the centre of the front drill and fit stud.

spray black

slide on buddy bottle

no need for tilt adjustable bipod as pipe should swivel about the buddy bottle.

he hasnt got it any loger as sold it with the rifle so cant get a picture of it :shoot:

allternativly you could get the buddy bottle clamp (pain in the **** when it comes to recharging the bottle) think they about £35

hope this helps you out a little

ROB :)

PS havnt got a clue about silencers as have only got limited experiance of them.

Edited by roblade

hope the mods dont mind my posting a link

High velocity

Having seen my innoccent intentions to see what interest can be generated by members on this forum about a bracket for a sling /by-pod attachment for theoben mk1-mk2 fall on dead ground i think i have now worked out why(Apologies to all concerned)

AS i think i,m on a sticky wicket with my credibility going down the pan i'll keep it brief

Bracket:stainless steel(sprayed black)Quick release,qd stud, robust and practical

Not interested in money or profit ,just fellow shooters opinions on this idea.

If your interested HV i,ll send you some photos and if your a sheetmetalworker with 25yrs experience you might be able to knock one up yourself. :)

Not interested in money or profit ,just fellow shooters opinions on this idea.

If your interested HV i,ll send you some photos and if your a sheetmetalworker with 25yrs experience you might be able to knock one up yourself. :shoot:

sound a good idea can you post piky ? as your in staffs to could meet for :) show me roughly were abouts in staffs are you ?

ok hv here is my first attempt at trying to send a piccy(where is a 6 yr old kid when you need one!)

Ho flip!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Need some advice,whats this won't allow dynamic images ,i didn't think i was that good with a camera.

The images required are in my documents at the moment ,where do i go from here?:shoot:?:shoot: :)

By the way i live near Burton on Trent

I beat for the guy who used to own Marstons, no water is drunk in the beaters shed - just pedi :thumbs:

You could know one of the shoot managers then he loves Pedi too, drinks in the same pub, we often have a good old chin wag about shooting, Mr Marstons has been mistaken for a beater on a few occasions in the past. :rolleyes: