wounded rabbits

High velocity

Just thiught i would mention.

whent out sat afternoon and shot 23 rabbits (must get dig camara post pikys) with air rifle, while getting them ready for the freezer i found that 3 of them had pellets under the skin from some body elses shooting. they were either a long way off out of range or using a low powered air rifle. Its annoying that folk just go and buy an air gun and expect to be an ace shot with it over night without putting in any effort whatsoever.

Just having a moan :< :<

No not me then.

I think its fair to say that we have all had a few wounders in our time. It happens to the best of us.

In this case though it sounds like they are consistently being shot with an underpowered weapon. Very bad indeed.

I agree with donkeymagici wouldn't say i get loads but i do have a few, i had a couple last night i hit them in the head with my .22 lr and they still run off god knows how because the amount of blood they left behind was huge, i was told a while back that a rabbit won't die down it's hole it will always if it can come back out again because i have found some that i injured just layin out side there holes later on in the day

i dont shoot rabits within 10 yrds of the hole if i can help it, this minimises the chance of them kicking there way down after being badly hit.

I have been caught out on occasions when despite knowing the land they are sitting on a hole that I did not know was there. That happened TWICE on Tuesday, once to me and once to the person with me.

Not proud of that one.