FAO Visit

Well, just had FAO visit (well there was 2 of them). Both civilians i notice! Swung off the cabinet, noted i didnt have any dead bodies in the cupboard.

Application for a .22lr and .243. From the initial response, both should be passed fine. Obv on a closed ticket (for land where i have permission). Have waited 11 weeks for the visit and was told that i should have a licence within 4-6 weeks!! Grrrr!

Anyone know of a budget beginner .243 for me to possibly get my hands on or any advice on one? Bolt action obv. Have ordered a cz varmint for my .22 which i gather to be pretty efficient. I know .243 ammunition is expensive, is loading your own a bit off a faff?

Cheers

Rob

thats ages to print the ticket, must say I've been impressed with Herts sent in a variation for a .223 friday before last FEO called on the wednesday, visited on Thursaday and it dropped on the mat on Saturday morning. Think he's one that has come to realise if you process applications you don't end up with a backlog

i had my interview tuesday just gone, 5 weeks after sending in the forms for.22 and .243, he looked round the land and said he would grant both but may put mentor for deer, he just wanted some maps colored in of the land for his records and would then issue, sent the maps thursday so just waiting for the final outcome

touch wood

mikee

That's a hell of a long time to get your FAC ticket sorted! I applied for my Fac for both .22 (Semi Auto) and .222 on 15th June and after going through the whole process including the FEO visit and Land Checks I received mine on the doorstep on Friday 30th June. To add to that the Feo was a Uniformed Officer who is the nivest and most helpful chap you could ever wish to meet. I have to raise my hat to the Lancashire Constabulary.

It strikes me that there can be an incredible variation in the times that it takes to get FAC's and SGC's sorted with different constabularies but Lancashire Constabulary tell me that they try to complete the whole process within 4 weeks. :good:

Edited by Frenchieboy

Don't get me wrong thwy were nice and very helpfull. But northumbria have a rediculous backlog. I have been told its 5 weeks for a variation. Will have taken me the best part of 4 months. Had a rifle on hold for 2 months which is crackers. I didn't understand the post above? Hot round? And 9.50 a box? I thought 243's were about 20 a box?

Well am going for a .243. I want to progress top deer stalking and I see this as a way to get my experience with the calibre for foxes. I understand the capability of them but think it may be wothwhile getting a cheaper.. 2nd hand one to be going on with. Not sure. Ammunitions a killer of course

Well am going for a .243. I want to progress top deer stalking and I see this as a way to get my experience with the calibre for foxes. I understand the capability of them but think it may be wothwhile getting a cheaper.. 2nd hand one to be going on with. Not sure. Ammunitions a killer of course

We're not telling you not to get a .243, just don't get a 2nd hand one. If someone has been loading their own, superfast bullets, then there is a chance the barrel will be knackered and it will not be accurate. If you do go 2nd hand, make sure you try it , or get the owner to shoot a five shot group in front of you. Should get all bullets in a 1" group, at 100yds.

Andy