Skeet - Whats a reasonable score?

Firstly to the OP the scores you are achieving for the amount of time you have been shooting are good :lol:

As regards skeet and for any other discipline if it wasn't popular it wouldn't exist and different people like different things.

I haven't been shooting long and have only had my own gun for 5 weeks but have been shooting ESP and ESK, i have found that the skeet has improved my sporting; however due to my location and everywhere around here costing a fortune for sporting i'm going to focus on Skeet for the time being.

The most local club to me charge £56 for 100 ESP!!! and the rest aren't much cheaper :good: whereas i can drive to Bisley and shoot 8 rounds of skeet for £52, actually that will be £44 once my membership comes through. Given the choice i would sooner be out every weekend at skeet rather than twice a month at sporting, i figure the more birds i see and shoot at can only be good.

If skeet bores you try a round of doubles then come back and post your scores :rolleyes:

In an ideal world i'd shoot a lot more ESP but funds don't allow and skeet for me is far better value, oh and i do enjoy it :blink:

Jon.

Jon,

I would say you need to find yourself a few local clubs to shoot ESP, £56 per 100 is downright taking the **** and 8 rounds of skeet must drive you insane.

What is skeet doubles? is there a variation in the birds? I do find skeet boring I can regularly shoot 23's and 24's and If I was to get excited about it then straights would be possible as it is normally around stand 5 or 6 when I start missing normally through boredom.

I wouldn't deny that there's a lot of skill involved in consistently scoring 25's at Skeet, but I just need more variety than that. I don't even like shooting ESP if they have 5 pair stands :good: . 3 or 4 pairs is more than enough of the same birds :rolleyes:

I pay £20 for 100ESP and £5 for 25 skeet :lol:

£56 sounds a bit stiff. Do you get rodgered with a broomhandle as well? :blink:

As you are near me :rolleyes: please tell me who charges £56 :blink: cos I know of at least 5 clubs that are £26 :lol:

E J Churchill's at High Wycombe.

If you could let me have the details of the £26 ones i'll be extatic :good:

Cheers,

Jon.

Jon,

I would say you need to find yourself a few local clubs to shoot ESP, £56 per 100 is downright taking the **** and 8 rounds of skeet must drive you insane.

What is skeet doubles? is there a variation in the birds? I do find skeet boring I can regularly shoot 23's and 24's and If I was to get excited about it then straights would be possible as it is normally around stand 5 or 6 when I start missing normally through boredom.

For doubles you take a simo pair on every stand then work back from 7 to 2 to make up the 24