Why we Shoot Foxes

madmanx

I have had all my chickens killed today. Went out tonight with my Benelli but couldn't find the fox. So just before going in i saw three rabbits and shot two of them and missed the third, as the third shot ejected, out popped Mr. Fox about 30 yrds away. Couldn't load quick enough to get him.

Typical!

Rogo, you should of try calling him with one of Tommy Tuckers whistles :lol: .

They seem deadly :(

Im getting one soon, origianall fox whistle, by that Ozy hunter Andrea or

what ever, cant say his second name :rolleyes: .

His got some good videos & DVDs as well :( .

WELL DONE Mad Max :thumbs: , foxes will allways be around, no threat of exticntion

thats for sure :( .

Once you find the den of the troublesome vixen, the rest is easy, if you dont get spoted.

I usally sit for a time near a den with my .22 and as each cub comes out,

polish them off with head shots ??? .

Some times I get lucky and get the vixen too :( .

All pest control, nothing else, has to be done with trouble making foxes :lol:

Edited by Frank

Rogo, you should of try calling him with one of Tommy Tuckers whistles :) .

They seem deadly :)

Im getting one soon, origianall fox whistle, by that Ozy hunter Andrea or

what ever, cant say his second name :thumbs: .

His got some good videos & DVDs as well :D .

WELL DONE Mad Max :) , foxes will allways be around, no threat of exticntion

thats for sure :( .

Once you find the den of the troublesome vixen, the rest is easy, if you dont get spoted.

I usally sit for a time near a den with my .22 and as each cub comes out,

polish them off with head shots B) .

Some times I get lucky and get the vixen too :D .

All pest control, nothing else, has to be done with trouble making foxes :/

How do you get hold of one of those whistles?

THe website doesn't have an order option.

When it comes to vixens with cubs, there is only one way to do a good job, and thats to sit near to then den (taking wind into account) and wait for the vixen, she will always come back to her cubs, leave the cubs and wait for her. Once she has been shot you can either wait for the dog or better to go back the next eve and wait to see if the dog turns up, if you are lucky he will be hanging around also waiting for his mate to come back. He will be busy bringing food back for the cubs and providing you are quite and the wind is right every effort should be made to bag him also. Once you have them both thats the time to knock off the cubs with a .22 rimmy during the time you have spent watching the den waiting for dog and vixen you will know how many cubs you have to deal with and make sure you dont leave any to starve to death.

Stricky,

This is very true, I try to acheive this everytime, as untill they are all gone then lambs, chickhens, ect will keep disepearing . :thumbs:

Rogo, about the fox whistle, I was wondering the same thing myself.

Prehaps Tommy Tucker can help :) .

Tommy, are you their? :)

Graphic pictures of a what could have been a nice lamb like that is perfect to show people why fox control is essential.

Wish I could have taken a picture of the 300 pheasants ( heads bitten off ) that we lost early season last year from 1 fox.

Sick, sick , sick

It's third visit to the wood was it's last thank god,

I'm not ashamed to say me and the head keeper had a little tear in our eyes picking up the dead birds.

All were hatched and reared..... gutted.

Cheers

Aubs :thumbs:

If you go on www.foxshot.co.uk there is a telephone number to contact them and order.These whistles are briliant,but they are a hell of a job learn to use properly took me ages,i used to practise while driving to work the wife was going mad at me at home

Guest Mr Pieman

I can't see any strike marks on the lamb to suggest a predator has killed it. I suspect it died and was being cleaned up by a badger. A picture of a fox actually killing a lamb....now that WOULD support our arguement :thumbs: :)

I don't think we need pictures to prove the necessity for fox control - most reasoned people will understand the need and, for the few who don't, 1000 pictures won't persuade them otherwise :)

PP

:):) Funnily enough the farmer who owns the land where i shot the fox also thinks it may be a badger,but where do i stand legally when it comes to shooting a badger :thumbs: The main reason i thought it was a fox is because i found the lamb very close to where i shot the cub.It is a new string to my bow (foxing) so i am learning as i go along,can you squeek foxes in daylight?any tips and help would be greatly apppreciated Cheers Steve P.s i am just in process of getting my variation in for a 22/250. :(