Tuition and gun fit in the North West?

whiskymac

Hi all,

After getting a new gun a couple of years ago I decided to start shooting a few clays and seemed to run out of momentum when new baby and work had me really busy. I am keen to start shooting again and wondered where the best place would be to get some decent tuition (beginner standard) and also check my gun fit. I did have a lesson at Kelbrook a couple of years ago and was told my gun didn't fit very well but I did feel at the time they were trying to steer me into trading in my own gun for one of theirs. I would really like to get gun fit checked and my gun either altered to suit or exchanged for something that fits better, I don't want to spend ages trying to use a gun that does not fit correctly.

I am based around Lancaster/Preston but would travel anywhere within reason.

Cheers.

My missis has just had a lesson with Mick Nicholson who has a ground near over kellet carnforth. She said he was very good and told her gun does fit her she just wasn't mounting it right in her sholder which was a relief as I wasn't too sure it did fit her. Pm me for his number if you want to give him a try. We also heard that kelbrook are very keen to sell you one of their guns which is why we never bothered with a lesson there

there's a few cpsa coaches at Blackpool clay club , they also travel MR M JONES – Lancashire 01253 820238 07967 498206 Martin is a very good for new shooters and has a mass of Patience and is very understanding , And plus hes a nice bloke , And then there is MR JG HALL – Lancashire 01772 614400 07729 914400

John is often seen honing the skills of established shooters and new shooters alike

Both nice chaps but i suppose its where you feel your @ as to who ya would pick

Now for guns I rate Malmo 100% there well staffed @ weekend and will spend time with you finding what will suit you and what you want ..

They have a vast stock of guns there is also the chance to have a few shots if you require and they may loan you the gun Well they do with me i can loan what i like tbh

there shells are the best price in the north west and have plenty of stock as i like to buy in 5k loads many shops don't have 5k of any shell let alone what i want !!!

Now as for Bond and Bywater pheeeww Where do i start put simply i will never spend a penny in that shop even if they had what i want and it was £100 cheaper than any other place, there stock of guns is poor and tbh everything is overpriced and for some strange reason they have an elitist attitude that stinks ..

Jay

Totally agree about Bond and Bywater. They used to run a decent shop when they were on the roundabout. Last time I was in there, the stock looked on its last legs. Some truly tenth rate guns and a less than customer orientated attitude.

Also agree about Malmo - nice people to deal with. Bought my Guerini from them, when I went to buy a Miroku. :good::no: