THE SAT 8TH AUG HOLYHEAD FISHING MEET.

MM

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:yes:

Ah, but this is a PW Super-Hero fishing expedition. British Records will tumble. The Breakwater will be groaning under the weight of MM's congers he is great at chatching :yes::good::P;) ^_^ :blink: B)

Cheers matey :yes:

Why do I keep going fishing? :lol::lol::lol:

The night was a good laugh. great company, great food prepared by the lads. But the fishing itself was the worst I've ever had at Holyhead Breakwater :blush:

I started to have my doubts when I got out of the car :)

It was one of those horrible side-to-side winds that is stiffer than a breeze, but not strong exactly. Just unpleasant and uncomfortable. It was dead calm in Manchester. :blink:

We set up in daylight and caught virtually nothing till it got dark, then we caught virtually not much more :lol::lol: .

We'd had a few mini fish, like dabs and whiting and Magman caught a small lobster in his trap. Anni just caught crabs :P:P It's those dodgy women in Holyhead :o

MC started catching a few Dogfish at the end, and I lost one. I think the Dogfish were coming on the feed then but we'd all had enough by then. It was a 2 hour drive back to Manchester, so we knocked it on the head.

A few pictures of very little really. :P

dsc01336a.jpg

Beretta and Anni (Anni trying to convince himself he'd got a bite)

dsc01337ixm.jpg

Anni catching crabs :P

dsc01338d.jpg

Beretta unhooking the smallest Whiting I've ever seen. That small white thing above his lead is the smallest Dab I've ever seen

dsc01341w.jpg

MM with an even smaller Dab. We had to check to see if it had the Queens head and "First Class Post" printed on it :P

dsc01340w.jpg

Beretta doing something :P

dsc01343i.jpg

MM showing off his very small one :lol:

dsc01345m.jpg

MC gets among the Dogs :o

dsc01348h.jpg

MC lining them up :/

dsc01342f.jpg

How could I forget Magmans lobster :P

A great crowd of blokes, but the fish weren't playing. Very unusual for Holyhead Breakwater, but you can't win them all :blush:

Edited by Chard

Bad news on the poor fishing.

We had similar a few weeks back. Blanked. Mate fished a comp at Hornsea area yesterday and out of 27 anglers only 5 fish were landed all day. :P

Fishing this summer seems very poor. I thought winter was dire but this is taking the biscuit.

I have just got home after a mammoth 5 hour drive home and I am knackered, It was great to meet you all. None of you were like the impression I had of you in my head.

MM was probably the furthest away from what I thought he would look like.

I also managed to spend an hour or so on the wirral and several hours in the company of a couple of scousers and I still have 4 wheels on my car and my wallet in my pocket :blink: :)

All in all it was a brilliant weekend and it was worth the 740 mile round trip to catch up with Chard again and to meet several new faces, especially MM, Magman and Anni.

Cheers guys for a top weekend :P:/

Edit to say,

Thanks for the grub fella's,

The venison stew was top notch :blush: Thanks mrs magman. The chilli was a damn sight hotter on the way out than on the way in. A real ringstinger :blush:

Edited by MC

How did the shooting go?

And talking of people not how you imagined, seeing those pics with beretta in, i thought he was 70 odd. :/ no idea where i got that from.

I think he feels 70-odd after that trip :blush:

Shooting was very good, there was another thread on it in the Clay Shooting section.

Me and NickyT both shot 87/100, but he goes through to the next round of the club knockout, because it's a handicap competition :P

Edited by Chard

Was good to meet up with the lads again :P also a first time meet with MC nice chap :blush:

A few more pic's for you

Anni enjoying the sloe gin

Photo-0287-1.jpg

Chard doing :blink: Don't no

Photo-0285-1.jpg

MM doing a prayer

Photo-0284-1.jpg

A later pic that didn't work :) as there was a few good pics to be had with a decent camera

Photo-0289-1.jpg

Speak soon to you all :/

Ps, as for beretta being 70 , funny thing these pics :blush:

Yeah steady on,

He isn't that young :/:blush: :blush:

Yeah but he's facking huge so i'll choose my words carefully. I had him down as Ron II but without the kestrel, maybe it was the forum name, i don't know. :P

So what was were the birds like up north them Martin? Bet they were mega tough, being northern an' all?

The birds were good t'up north. I liked Worsley as a ground, lots of potential and well laid out. All stands accessible by a gravel track. I don't know why Cat moaned about the 2 mile long dirt track to get to the ground. OK, an F1 car might struggle but Chards polo managed fine.

MM's bird was too rough to go out, which I took the wrong way.

I have just got home after a mammoth 5 hour drive home and I am knackered, It was great to meet you all. None of you were like the impression I had of you in my head.

MM was probably the furthest away from what I thought he would look like.

I also managed to spend an hour or so on the wirral and several hours in the company of a couple of scousers and I still have 4 wheels on my car and my wallet in my pocket :lol: :o

All in all it was a brilliant weekend and it was worth the 740 mile round trip to catch up with Chard again and to meet several new faces, especially MM, Magman and Anni.

Cheers guys for a top weekend :P:/

Edit to say,

Thanks for the grub fella's,

The venison stew was top notch :blush: Thanks mrs magman. The chilli was a damn sight hotter on the way out than on the way in. A real ringstinger :lol:

And you did say how dashingly handsome i was :lol::lol: Why, what did you think i was going to look like :P

The birds were good t'up north. I liked Worsley as a ground, lots of potential and well laid out. All stands accessible by a gravel track. I don't know why Cat moaned about the 2 mile long dirt track to get to the ground. OK, an F1 car might struggle but Chards polo managed fine.

MM's bird was too rough to go out, which I took the wrong way.

:lol::lol: i was still laughing about that today. :blush:

once again chaps, really enjoyed the night. :blink: :)

And you did say how dashingly handsome i was :lol::lol: Why, what did you think i was going to look like :(

:yes::yes: i was still laughing about that today. :good:

once again chaps, really enjoyed the night. :);)

I was expecting a Liverpool FC track suit and a perm Harry Enfield Stylie :)

And what I got was an Essex nightclub bouncer with a scouse accent. If you learn the "Al'right geezer, innit" there will always be a job down here for you :hmm: :hmm:

I was expecting a Liverpool FC track suit and a perm Harry Enfield Stylie :good:

And what I got was an Essex nightclub bouncer with a scouse accent. If you learn the "Al'right geezer, innit" there will always be a job down here for you ;):)

from this............

96777.jpg

to this............

bouncer-500.jpg

in the click of a razor :( :lol: and not a perm in sight. :)