THE SAT 8TH AUG HOLYHEAD FISHING MEET.

MM

Right, tides checked ..ect..and high is about 1am, so a good chance of conger. I have asked the lads over this side to collect me as much mackrel as poss,and i will bring fresh lugworm. Foodwise, ill chuck a big pot of chilli on, and Rob is making a fine venison stew (if he gets time off :good: ) so we should be ok for that. Could we get the driving sorted asap, so we can swap details for pick ups. Nice one. :good:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MM,

I am coming, I am going to Chards first and he is taking me to the highlights that are Worsley for some clay shooting, I have no idea where you or magman are relative to the drive from Chards to Holyhead but I am happy to pick you all up and drive.

I can get lugworm or rag or the usual frozen baits but it will be in a car all day so I don't know how it will keep. If you want I can try.

It will be best if you arrange the pick ups with Chard and he can naviagate. I have a sat nav in case he cannot manage it.

right, if chard dont mind driving as he has a lorry, i can get rob to meet me at my place, and then pick us up from here. If thats ok i will make life a bit easier (for me and rob anyway :good: ) also, ive got him a nice new rod rest here, so he best pick it up before mag sees it.

I reckon we should get there about 6pm, so if we have a 2 hour steady drive, means a pick up here at 4pm, leaving Manchester around 3pm.

right, if chard dont mind driving as he has a lorry, i can get rob to meet me at my place, and then pick us up from here. If thats ok i will make life a bit easier (for me and rob anyway :good: ) also, ive got him a nice new rod rest here, so he best pick it up before mag sees it.

I reckon we should get there about 6pm, so if we have a 2 hour steady drive, means a pick up here at 4pm, leaving Manchester around 3pm.

Those times sound good to me.

The only thing that might make us a little bit late is that me and Martin are shooting a members comp :good: at Worsley before we leave for Holyhead :angry: . These things have a habit of turning into a jawing fest but I'll **** everybody off and get going :no: .

MM, when do you think you might know whether you have enough Mackerel? It's just that if they don't come up with the goods, we'll need to have a session at Mackerel Rock beforehand :good:

I rekon I'll bless you with my presence (everyone groan as one)

Going to dust off the carp rod and baitrunner. Just need to know what end tackle I will need :no:

Someone pm me a shopping list of line and type of float hook size etc..Cheers.... :good:

I got a coleman cooker and kettle somewhere too.

I rekon I'll bless you with my presence (everyone groan as one)

Going to dust off the carp rod and baitrunner. Just need to know what end tackle I will need :angry:

Someone pm me a shopping list of line and type of float hook size etc..Cheers.... :good:

I got a coleman cooker and kettle somewhere too.

I've got a load of sea floats and other **** you can use.

I wouldn't bother buying any yet, you might hate sea fishing :good:

If you've got something like 12-15lb line on one of your reels, it should do for float fishing down the side. However, if you fancy casting out and bottom fishing, it can be very snaggy, so you'd need heavier line, to pull yourself out of the rock and weed :good:

A kettle :no: Now you're talking. I like a brew or 12 when I'm fishing :good:

Edited by Chard

MM,

I am coming, I am going to Chards first and he is taking me to the highlights that are Worsley for some clay shooting, I have no idea where you or magman are relative to the drive from Chards to Holyhead but I am happy to pick you all up and drive.

I can get lugworm or rag or the usual frozen baits but it will be in a car all day so I don't know how it will keep. If you want I can try.

It will be best if you arrange the pick ups with Chard and he can naviagate. I have a sat nav in case he cannot manage it.

Magman is very handy for the motorway to North Wales, so if MM can get to Magmans, it'll hardly be a 2 minute detour to pick them up.

Don't worry with bait, Martin, sounds like between MM and Beretta, we should have it covered :good:

Magman is very handy for the motorway to North Wales, so if MM can get to Magmans, it'll hardly be a 2 minute detour to pick them up.

Don't worry with bait, Martin, sounds like between MM and Beretta, we should have it covered :no:

Forget the guinness martin :angry::good:

Those times sound good to me.

The only thing that might make us a little bit late is that me and Martin are shooting a members comp :good: at Worsley before we leave for Holyhead :good: . These things have a habit of turning into a jawing fest but I'll **** everybody off and get going :angry: .

MM, when do you think you might know whether you have enough Mackerel? It's just that if they don't come up with the goods, we'll need to have a session at Mackerel Rock beforehand :good:

i can pick up plenty of frozen macky anytime, just let me know how many you want

problem solved. just a few each if you can mate. :no:

ive got more rigs than you could lose in one night. just get some weights.

Ill start the fires of Moordor tommorow evening,.

Forget the guinness martin :good::good:

Ah yes :good::good::good: . I don't know where Martin lives, I'm sure we could pick him up if he'd rather not drive :yes:

Thanks chard, beretta.

Weights ? we talking 2-3 oz :no: . This salty sea fishing is a mystery too me. Im a Tench Carp man.

I'll go in tackle shop and say sea weights plz and give them a smile :angry:

You could do with getting a few light weights, like drilled bullets or something to use under the float (these are quite big floats, like Pike bungs). I'm not sure how many of those type of weights I've got, I seem to remember losing a load on the rocks on Anglesey :good: Other than that you'll only need some light bomb weights (2-3 oz) if you want to try bottom fishing.