Malmoguns

Guest Stavvy

Guest stiv24

I saw their website and wasn't overly impressed to be fair which made me wonder how safe sending them money was going to be. I have since seen that they have 180ish guns for sale on Guntrader so I don't think I'll have any problems.

I saw their website and wasn't overly impressed to be fair which made me wonder how safe sending them money was going to be. I have since seen that they have 180ish guns for sale on Guntrader so I don't think I'll have any problems.

stiv24,

Website might not be too impressive but if you visited the shop, which admittedly would be a long haul for you, I think you would be more than impressed.

They have a huge selection of guns, a very impressive range of shooting clothing (all top end, high quality stuff) and an enormous selection of cartridges. I really don't know how they compare on price for guns & clothing but they are more than competitive with cartridge prices.

Have only visited once, it's still quite a drag up the M6 from Warrington, and only bought a couple of thousand carts when I got there. The staff seemed very friendly without being pushy and if/when I am looking for a new gun, (probably another Miroku or possibly a Browning :good: ) I would certainly give them a call or visit.

Mr Potter

Their website would stand a lot of improvement. It gives no idea of just how many guns they stock. Very good quality and excellent prices.

Went a few years ago and wasn't impressed by their stock. I didn't know they had another gun room - jammed packed. My own fault I should have asked. Bought my Guerini from them. Nice people to deal with and they don't make silly trade-in offers.

Well worth a visit. Buy with confidence.

Edited by Gordon R

• 4 weeks later...
theives :good::D

You are out of order. Lancaster has been blessed with two AMAZING gun shops. I usually shop at Fawcetts, but I have bought stuff from Malmo and they are friendly, courteous, fair and VERY knowledgeable.

Stop throwing unfounded accusations around and speak with facts. When, what and how happened to you...

Happyhunt - you are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. The original poster asked for help. Many, including myself have commented on Malmo, but put a bit more detail. The comment you made, would probably make the potential buyer a bit wary, as it would me.

No-one is interrogating you and you can be as brief as you want - it just didn't seem helpful in terms of what the lad asked.

Nobody is 100% perfect and we all have off days so a busy shop is bound to have a mix og happy and not so happy customers.

I originally asked as I saw a gun on guntrader which they were selling and I liked the look of it. I wanted some background on the shop as I live hours away to see if it gave me the confidence to buy from them not having viewed the gun in person.

As it turns out we couldn't agree on a price. I am interested though as to why you have such a low opinion of them.

hi stiv, you are quite right in what you say, everyone has off days,however the reason I called them thieves was, that I like you had telephoned them about trading some guns in for a new rifle, over the phone they were very enthusiastic and confidant we could do a deal when I told them what I had to trade,.

When I got there after 2 hours driving the story was different.

I offered 1@ rem 700 .243 with lam stock / heavy barrel in very clean condition, 1@ cz .223 with scope / moderater / mag / sling, very clean condition, and 1@ very rare 16 bore beretta hammer gun, cira @ 1930 's which is very clean and shootable.

The beretta alone has been valued at £1000 trade price.I was expecting about £300/350 for the rem and about the same for the cz, that means about £1700 total against a new sako st/syn .243 and scope.

I wouldn't have minded putting a few quid into the pot to make the deal, but I was offered £150 for the beretta reason being they are unsellable, £150 for the remy and £150 for the full set up cz, making a grand total of £450 for the three.

That meant that I would have given them 3 @ guns + about £1000 or more cash .

I used to be in the gun trade so I would'nt have offered them a load of **** and I know what they were worth,.

It all adds up to a very very good deal for them and a very bad deal for me, as you could imagine I did not take the deal.

Bear in mind that this was 18 months ago when gun sales were very bouyant and fetching very good prices, I haven't been back to the shop and probably never will, first impressions and all that.

judging by the coments on the forum, they have a few happy customers so good luck to anyone who go's there, but its not for me.

regards

happy

That doesn't make them thieves though does it? Driving a deal which you found unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have been happy if I'd driven a long way to find that a deal I had been offered over the phone was not actually on the table. Did you talk prices before going? This is not a dig, I wasn't there and obviously don't know the circumstances except as you have described, but thieves is a bit strong for the details you have given.

Happyhunt - Thanks for adding to your post, which explains fully why you hold your view.

I have to say that I believe "thieves" is too strong, but I also appreciate that I am not the one who got a low offer and I imagine I would be feeling a little miffed - to put it mildly.

I have only traded in one gun at Malmo and I got more than I was hoping for. That was £25 less than I paid for the gun. I think I paid £975 and got £950 trade in against a new Guerini. Their price for the Guerini was cheaper than anywhere else I could find - so I left happy.

fair play to you lads, but has far as I am concerned they tried to steal my guns ,in the phone conversation that took place they new what I had, what condition and what price I was looking for give or take ,if I had went along with what they were offering I would have lost a fortune.

I wasn't desperate to sell but imagine a guy going in and had to sell them for whatever reason, he would have walked out feeling mugged and called them thieves as well .

I am all for people making a living but what they offered is taking the p@@@.I dare say there is a story like this one attached to every gun shop in the land.

Its not the first and will not be the last.

regards

happy

First you make arbitary and derogatory comments about a otherwise blameless company. Then you direct infantile remarks at me. I have always taken the view that whoever points a finger has three pointing back at themselves.

I never mentioned "a good deal". It would have been a good deal for the buyer but not the seller. Maybe there was something they disliked about you; can't for the the life of me think what that could be though. :good: