follow the cultivators

MerseaDavid

I was out today in the Quad Track getting our fields ready for drilling and as soon as I had done one strip the pigeons were dropping on to the field soon followed by the crows.

There must have been 500+ pigeons flying round all day dropping on to the fields I had finnished so we shall have the shooters out tomorrow to sort the out before our rape goes in.

So you all want to keep your eye out for your fields being cultivated and hopefully you shall have some good bags :yes:

Here is a few pics my boss took

quadtrack103.jpg

quadtrack107.jpg

quadtrack119.jpg

quadtrack122.jpg

quadtrack133.jpg

Noticed today that the pigeons are getting excited on newly cultivated fields. I guess its decoy time again. I did go out tonight ( with a hatsun) purely patrolling fields rather than sitting and waiting and expended about 20 rounds for two pigeons shot down, a few more survived the flak, but awful shooting!

George,

I'll chip in in David's absence, as we've owned the same machine (the Quadtrac STX 530). The new version, the STX 535, will set you back about £245,000. It weighs about 23 metric tons with an empty tank and offers 535hp at the drawbar, peaking at a theoretical 597hp. You're looking at upwards of 105 litres of diesel per hour when working that machine hard.

It's difficult to describe the noise the Quadtrac makes at full tilt. To quote Clarkson, it's akin to God roaring. They're a lot more hairy-chested than Challengers and tracked JDs.

Balders

Im waiting for a new drive belt for my rotavator I couldnt just borrow ur tractor for a minute could I, one pass would do lol

Impressive machine I wouldnt want to pay for a oil and filtre change he he

Alan

The Case USA website Case IH Luxury Surveyor™ Cab

Includes all Deluxe Surveyor™ cab features plus: heated, leather covered Positive Response suspension seat, leather covered instructional seat, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped throttle lever, leather trim on the control console, carpeted floor mat and 2 additional front windshield wipers.

David do you have the red leather seat and shagpile carpet ;)

The red leather seat (armchair) is what makes the Quadtrac. Sod the sheer power, beautiful noise and size of the damned thing.

That's a good video, David, and inch-perfect driving. I just love that sound. Anybody who thinks that articulated tractors damage headlands should watch that vid carefully.

George,

I'll chip in in David's absence, as we've owned the same machine (the Quadtrac STX 530). The new version, the STX 535, will set you back about £245,000. It weighs about 23 metric tons with an empty tank and offers 535hp at the drawbar, peaking at a theoretical 597hp. You're looking at upwards of 105 litres of diesel per hour when working that machine hard.

It's difficult to describe the noise the Quadtrac makes at full tilt. To quote Clarkson, it's akin to God roaring. They're a lot more hairy-chested than Challengers and tracked JDs.

Balders

Baldrick ,you silver tongued Adonis , you dont half know how to turn a man on .

Harnser .

I thought that might perk you up, Harnser. Take the opportunity to drive one if you can - you might want to empty your bladder before you clamber up into the cab, as it's very possible you might wet yourself in the excitement of firing up the 14.9-litre engine.

I have to stop every 100 yards or so for a pee any how .

Harnser .

LL, in answer to your question: with skill, care and a general avoidance of irritatingly-small Toyota Yaris-type vehicles, which can get tangled up underneath the tracks. Quadtracs, Challengers and other large beasts are a little unwieldy in suburban traffic, the Quadtrac particularly: navigating a roundabout with a mounted plough hanging off the rear linkage is always a little fraught, bearing in mind the articulated steering.

You are certainly right there Baldrick, it is a nightmare using machines like the Quad Track on small road like what we have near me and I am sure they are not much better where you are either.

here are a few pics of our machinery on the tight roads round my area.

5860_1187991774579_1071853571_59803.jpg

5860_1187991814580_1071853571_59803.jpg

5940_1183207974987_1071853571_58093.jpg

5940_1183209775032_1071853571_58093.jpg

5940_1183209975037_1071853571_58093.jpg