how many of you where cammo from head to toe?

aaron airgunner

I think some shooters wear it to fit in abit...some of the best pigeon shooters I know that usualy always shoot 100+ bags when out on a field, wear perhaps a green t-shirt and dpm trousers, but not full head to toe.

Apparently to alot of quary, green makes you stand out...red is much more concealing (according to a dvd by blaser).

Steve

This comes up every other week doesn't it.

Apart from feeling a bit of a wally walking out in it on the street it just seems to make sense to have gear that is comfortable and practical etc.

If you care to look on utube at Snipers they wear camo so they can't be seen. Anything that takes away the human shape helps.

Apparently to alot of quary, green makes you stand out...red is much more concealing (according to a dvd by blaser).

Steve

:good: Heck, maybe that's where I have been going wrong, I've been wearing DMP overalls and camo pattern hat! :lol: Anyone know where I can get a nice bright red head to toe outfit to concele myself with while I am out bunny bashing in the nice big green fields, I'm sure nothing would see me then?

Edited by Frenchieboy

I've heard it all now GREEN MAKES YOU STAND OUT.

There I was thinking I can't be seen in green against a background of green, what a pillock those rabbits must think I am.

when i started back up again i had no camo gear and i was lucky to get rabbits to sit long enough for me to take a shot i got the cheap kit im waring in the pic above for £20 and seems to work great we can even sneek closer if need be we are going to test a green filter next for lamping as they seem to be gettin used to red and amber on our lamps

LOL @ Frenchieboy preston market did have some nice brigt red camo let us all know how you do with it lol

Edited by cloud9

Yup same for me,

I wear std dpm camo pants & jacket, green/brown/black ripstop ankle boots, realtree hat & scrim net face/head veil,black leather gloves. Even in a tank net hide :unsure:

im about to embark on a tank net poncho project to see how that works ....walk to spot park my butt get comfy wearing poncho over camo gear & wait for quarry of Woodies, Crows, Rabbits & Rats !

Robbie

• 1 month later...

i've always worn dark green moleskins with long sleeved realtree t-shirt (in summer), jahti jakt fleece and jacket (in winter), realtree cap and leaf face veil with my leather hoggs boots or wellies and lightweight shooting gloves i think there made by laksen there like a thin green leather, and my x10 waterproof realtree top and bottoms when laying down in wet weather, but always covered head to toe, most my gear is olive/dark green with a few bits of realtree, but i've always done ok, i think as long as you move slowly and quietly your ok

Here are a couple of pics to show how the hands and face stand out without camo. It's even more obvious when you are in good cover or among the trees and your face and hands are showing. It has the effect of those black screen puppets, meaning your body with camo is nearly invisible against the background and all that is seen is hands and face. (I did spare you all my ugly mush and covered it!)

shootingpics3a.jpgcamotest.jpg

I only use cammo when and where its neccessary,i use well made ghillie suits,covering most of the body,never use camcream,been there and done all that ****,,lol

but what i do find effective is the jack pyke leaf cammo suit,as can be seen from my pics,

always remebering from my sniper days,shape.shine.shadow.sillouette.movement and sound.and i always cam what rifle im using leaving the cocking and working parts free,,,if not then whats the point.

Here are a few pics,me in jack pyke,compared to my mate,in normal real tree kit,note rifle not cammodand look how shiny it looks.also pic shooting from a hide.where there was no need to cam weapon or myself.

DSC03936.jpgDSC03938.jpg

DSC03947.jpgDSC04519.jpg

Mick,,happy hunting,, :blink: :good: