petrol and food prices

shotgun666

hi guys and girls,,is it just me struggling to live or is there anyone else,food prices have trebled,petrol is going up again,and the americans are complaining they pay 58p per litre..by april gorden brown wants us to pay 110 per litre.p/s i like the americans before any one says out.. :stupid::hmm: please guys im not living here :yes:,,,,,p/s ,do you charge your kids lodge if so how much per week

Edited by shotgun666

the only way to lower the cost of food and fuel is to lessen the demand this will make the prices reduce as companys struggle to sell what they produce. It is an extremely difficult thing to create as we are so densely populated and as such the demand will increase with the population.So the only real way to manage this is to decrease the population size.After many debates on this at work the only way we could decrease the population is by stopping immigration, and having taxes raised on people who have more than two children. The only other way this could be done is by eating each other as you would reduce the demand and create another food source.

nick

the only way to lower the cost of food and fuel is to lessen the demand this will make the prices reduce as companys struggle to sell what they produce. It is an extremely difficult thing to create as we are so densely populated and as such the demand will increase with the population.So the only real way to manage this is to decrease the population size.After many debates on this at work the only way we could decrease the population is by stopping immigration, and having taxes raised on people who have more than two children. The only other way this could be done is by eating each other as you would reduce the demand and create another food source.

nick

battle royale springs to mind :stupid:

With all the offers on in supermarkets I cannot really see that food prices have gone up. Fruit and veg are expensive but really always have been but sainsburys has BOGOF on chicken breast packs (thats 8 for £6), 7 Pork chops for £5, about 10 pork loin steaks for £5, 6 salmon steaks for £10, Pepsi is £1 a 2L bottle or 20 cans for £5, plenty of places are doing cheaper fruit and veg in their value range which may not look perfect like we expect it to but is perfectly edible - bag of carrots for 50p, 4 huge courgettes for £1.90, 4 leeks for £1.50, 15 free range eggs for £2.10. List is endless.

we've grown lots of veg this year - courgettes, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, lots of herbs too and we've had pretty good crops.

As for board, I paid £20 a week when I was an apprentice earning £160 a week. But I was also paying for my own car/ fuel, mobile phone, clothes, shopping (If i wanted anything over household food - like snacks, beer, etc)

With all the offers on in supermarkets I cannot really see that food prices have gone up. Fruit and veg are expensive but really always have been but sainsburys has BOGOF on chicken breast packs (thats 8 for £6), 7 Pork chops for £5, about 10 pork loin steaks for £5, 6 salmon steaks for £10, Pepsi is £1 a 2L bottle or 20 cans for £5, plenty of places are doing cheaper fruit and veg in their value range which may not look perfect like we expect it to but is perfectly edible - bag of carrots for 50p, 4 huge courgettes for £1.90, 4 leeks for £1.50, 15 free range eggs for £2.10. List is endless. JAMES

WE ALL DONT HAVE MONEY

ASDA NO FRILLS MATE,,,SAINSBURYS I WISH,,,,,YOU MUST HAVE MONEY TO BURN,,,,,SALMON WHATS THAT,,,,IF I WANT SALMON I HAVE TO POACH IT, :good:

Edited by shotgun666

Food is made expensive by supermarkets saying there is a 'shortage', yet farmers are being paid less because there is an 'abundance'

The mark up the supermarkets is incredible eg.

Potatos are £150 a ton, they are being sold in M&S as oven ready chips they equate to £13000 a ton, dont tell me that it costs 12850 to cut them up and put them in a bag?!?!

Food is made expensive by supermarkets saying there is a 'shortage', yet farmers are being paid less because there is an 'abundance'

Potatos are £150 a ton, they are being sold in M&S as oven ready chips they equate to £13000 a ton, dont tell me that it costs 12850 to cut them up and put them in a bag?!?!

:good:

hell, I'd peal em and chop em myself for that kind of money!

Think i am gonna buy a big chest freezer and stock up on what I shoot, as I only have a small freezer at the mo I dont shoot alot. I not gonna buy Chicken from the Supermarket Ill swap that with Wild duck that I will shoot and Ill swap Beef with Venison as I can easily get some from the keeper thats works on my estate. Eggs from a friend although he doesnt have much in the winter.

If I had the chance to buy beef straight from the farmer I would.

The only thing that I got to save on is engery and fuel bills All my bulbs in my house except the kitchen is an energy saving bulbs and all the usual things like only boil enough water for what you need.

I am currently looking at buying a bicycle and cycle 8 miles each way to work a couple of times a week.

Think i am gonna buy a big chest freezer and stock up on what I shoot, as I only have a small freezer at the mo I dont shoot alot. I not gonna buy Chicken from the Supermarket Ill swap that with Wild duck that I will shoot and Ill swap Beef with Venison as I can easily get some from the keeper thats works on my estate. Eggs from a friend although he doesnt have much in the winter.

If I had the chance to buy beef straight from the farmer I would.

The only thing that I got to save on is engery and fuel bills All my bulbs in my house except the kitchen is an energy saving bulbs and all the usual things like only boil enough water for what you need.

I am currently looking at buying a bicycle and cycle 8 miles each way to work a couple of times a week.

sounds good to me mate :good:

I don't think thats a really constructive argument. Buying raw materials and turning them into another end product to make profit ? Isn't that whats its all about ?

Jonno

I took £20 off my son when he started work....as for food....we do a £30 shop a week in lidl,use all the meat i shoot and i get 1st dibs on the reduced meat at work...if it wasnt for the game/rabbit and cheap going out of date meat we'd be screwed...p.s thats £30 between me the missus and our 8mth old....nappies,baby milk,baby food etc all comes out the £30 quid...(dont understand why im so fat lol )

Yes Food, heating oil, diesel for the car, electricity and gas are all expensive items, for you guys on the mainland. Try living here in N Ireland, everything, all the basics of life are much, much more expensive. We don't have the utilities you guys have to choose from, we have one electricity supplier, one gas supplier, the super markets oil companies etc, use the stretch of water between us as a great get out clause for over pricing. The only thing that used to be a lot cheaper here were house prices, now even they are back on the rise and on a par with most places on the mainland. So have a thought for us poor mortals over here and if you want to make up parcels to send over. I normally shoot skeet and sporting so I could do with 7 1/2's and 9's, cheers. :yes:

Ps. Oh yes we use to take £20 a week of the kids, but that went up when they started working.

Edited by clutey

I don't think thats a really constructive argument. Buying raw materials and turning them into another end product to make profit ? Isn't that whats its all about ?

Jonno

What I am really trying to say is it is not the farmers fault that food is expensive (before anyone said) :yes:

i agree its not the farmer to blame,, its,,THE LARGE STORES,,TESCO ASDA MORRISONS AND SAINSBURYS...ALL MONEY GRABBERS :yes: ..WHAT IS GROWN AND MADE IN THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE KEPT IN THIS COUNTRY,THIS COUNTRY SHOULD GREAT BRITAIN AGAIN :good:WE EXPORT 87%OF OUR GOODS GROWN AND MADE TO OTHER COUNTRYS ,,THEN WE BUY IT BACK DEARER,,,,,,WHY ,,,,,,WE SHOULD BACK OUR FARMERS MORE AND GET THEM A FAIR DEAL,,PLUS KEEPING IT IN THIS COUNTRY ITS FRESH AND BRITISH,,,,,,,WERES CHURCHILL NOW,,,,,WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES,,,,WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER,,,,,,,

WHATS HAPPENED

Edited by shotgun666

SO DOES ANY ONE KNOW,,,WHY WE ARE THE WEAKEST COUNTRY GOING,,,,WE GIVE IN TO THE EU, GOVERMENT,THE MONEY PEOPLE,,,,WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE,,,WE ARE BEING STARVED OUT...OVER CHARGED ETC,,,,,IF WE DONT MAKE A STAND NOW WE WILL LOSE,,,,,,,,,,EVERYTHING,,,,,,,,,,,CARS ,,MONEY ,, FAMILY LIFE,,, GUNS AND SHOOTING ETC,,,,TRUST ME

THE IMPORTED STUFF,,,,GROW IT IN THIS COUNTRY,,,,,

Edited by shotgun666