You stop for a moment and get that sinking feeling...

gixer1

Out lamping and driving around the stubble quite happily and then stopped to look at something and never got going again.... spent from 2am until 5am trying to dig it out, jack it up put boards under with no result so eventually got a tractor to pull me out at 9:30am....( :yes: much to the amusment of nipper...who told me not to go in that field...oh stop laughing will you! :mad::mad: )

You live and learn.....

post-10812-1252319274.jpg

post-10812-1252319285.jpg

Are you on peaty soil there, gixer, i.e. a thin layer of roots and foliage floating on top of a bed of minging quicksand? If so, take comfort in the fact that it can swallow up any machine that breaks the top layer of plant matter.

You want to get yourself some proper tyres on that Disco: Goodrich AT or General Grabber AT2.

That's nothing - I once managed to get two 4 wheel drive tractors stuck in different field in the same week - in August. Was a wet summer 2003/2004.

1 was stuck in peat the other an underground spring caused the wheel to sink to it's axil and almost tip the tractor. Them's minor jams.

Same summer I was involved in the rescue of a combine harvester stuck to it's axils. Took 4 100hp tractors to move that. Had to tow the tractor that took the wheat off with a 10m chain to get it out of the bog.

Ah fun days............