Blackpool Gun Club

Chard

Quite a nice ground, I'd go back for more of that :good: Definitely more testing than Worsley, though I think I'd get used to those birds quite quickly :lol:

However, I would never get enough of those threepenny bits in the clubhouse, it's the only place I've ever enjoyed paying :blink:

Scores on the doors :

Chard - 78

Timps - 72

Anni - 69

Steve - 64

It wasn't anything like as flat and featureless as Dartford/Chernobyl Marshes, they had a few trees and hedges, so it wasn't really a case of "too much sky".

Some intelligent use of battues there, a few very good birds thrown, quite different from what we're used to :lol: . And some splendid whammer kazammers :lol:

Edited by Chard

Was a good ground on the quite , some new birds to have a go at :lol:

To be honest I reckon the lesson with beretta probs gave me 10 on what i would have normally got from birds like that :good:

And I would have probably got 10 more if we had taken it seriously and got are heads down :lol:

The hardest bit was draggin chard out of the club house :blink: I was'nt trying hard enough for some reason :lol: well two good reasons.

it will do you guys the world of good getting new targets. :rolleyes::good:

glad you enjoyed it. :look:

Yes, I can see what you mean now. Just to have straightforward birds like loopers and rabbits about 20 yards further out than normal made a big difference :good: There was a quite tricky double rabbit stand, much longer range than you normally get presented with rabbits and you were shooting them from a raised platform :huh:

We needed to think about them a lot more.

In fairness to Worsley, the closeness of the surrounding trees usually means that it's not easy to present anything at any kind of range, which is why it feels a bit like "skeet in the trees" as Cat calls it :P

Edited by Chard

Ah well, can't be long until retirement now can it Chard? :good::huh:

I've just noticed this, you young Yorkshire whippersnapper :look:

Can't come soon enough. Working's a mugs game :good:

I've started taking my pension now, what's left of it after the thieves have mismanaged and plundered it for 20 years - ****s :rolleyes: I thought I might as well have it before they cock it up any more.

I went there a few months ago with a m8, he had given up going there ages before cos of no birds none working traps etc..

I must admit we had rather a lot of no birds, but to be fair the owner did sort the traps out pretty quick once he was told about the problems.

I was very new to clays at the time, but did find some intresting targets, I seem to remmber some really long birds, were it was at least a second between trigger pull and clay dust, which i belive is 50 yards plus..