How often do you clean you HMR moderator?

Evil Elvis

Cleaning hmr mod  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How frequently?

• You clean it? really?
    • Occasionally when i remember?
    • After each use?
    • After a designated number of rounds?
    • Or just replace it when it packs up?
    • Do you detatch it from the gun to stop theacidic discharge running down your barrel?

Only fired a few hundred through mine, but I have cleaned it a couple of times just because I like to get them out the cabinet and play with them :yes:

It was very dirty both times though just after those few rounds, and after your experience I'll keep cleaning it!

Oh yeh you have a Sirocco mod too don't you? In that case i'll deffo clean it often!

I had a sludge incident with my old .223 and a T8; being lazy I would just put the gun away with the mod on it.

Anyways, I came back to it and a load of **** had discharged from the mod back down the barrel and into the action.

I think it's more down to condensation (moving hot to cold for example) than anything else.

Now I remove all the centre fire mods religiously, but still leave the .22lr and .17hmr mods on the guns in the cabinet - they don't seem to get affected by it all.

As for cleaning mods, they get a tap and a bash and an inspection of what falls out - that's about it.