How much should I expect to pay for clay shooting

Jurrasicway

Seems N Ireland is actually cheaper for the clays. £4.25 for 25 clays where I normally go, it's the same rate for skeet, dtl, olympic skeet and sporting. A couple of clubs I go to is £4 per 25 clays. Mind you it would work out a tad more expensive for you when you add on your flight or boat fares. :good:

Your not that far from me, so I would guess your looking at sywell and barby?

Sywell is my normal haunt, at about £7 for 30 sporting. Barby is about the same if I recall...

Let me know if you find anywhere closer to Dav I might be interested to turn up!

Matt

Garlands is my nearest, they charge £6 to non members, or £5 to members for 25 clays. SGC holders only though, non certificate holders have to have a 'lesson' which is about £25 for 25 clays.

Yes we have this lesson thing as well, every year if your not a certificate holder. Drives the young lad nuts. i am told its driven by health and safety. The young lad, who has been shooting clays with me about twice a month for the last two years, was not impressed with it. The traps are set up for the shooter to be as successful as possible. ( :good: having said that he still missed one or two :good: )

Has she shot before?

If you just turn up and she shoots your 12? bore for more than 25 shots you will put her off for life.That may be a good thing?!

Most grounds do a beginners/have a go with AN INSTRUCTOR it is worth it.They will not overshoot etc and gunfit will be taken into consideration.

My guess for the above would be £30-£40 for a first lesson and IMHO is the way to go.

Thanks for all the posts guys. Really helpful

Yes she has shot before, it started off with a lesson at Kelmarsh at the start of the summer and then another lesson at Catton and then taking part in a pool shoot at a local charity shoot. She is well and truly hooked and now wants to go more regularly. She is getting bloody good too!!!! A good thing for me is that she does not want to shoot pigeons or game. I will save that for trips on my own with Archie (8 month lab).

You can not really say I am going to do it and you can't so "a shooting we will go" <_<