iPod Nano v Sony Walkman

Markio

Yes another 'which' electronic gadgetry thread. My wife's birthday is coming up and i'm trying to be prepared. Despite my best efforts to give her a pearl necklace i think an MP3/Radio player thingy would be more successful but what one?

Best as i can see there are two options, the iPod Nano or Sony Walkman. Is the iPod so great that i should spend pretty much double for it? (allbeit for twice the capacity but that's not so much of an issue). The Sony walkman (on play.com here) is just £60.

As far as i can tell the difference is that the nano will capture video rather than just play it back.

Opinions please chaps.

EDIT: Of course any other suggestions welcome. :yes:

Edited by Markio

I have looked at this and my findings were:

iPod shuffle and then buy Sennheiser ear phones from Richer Sounds.

Total outlay max £60 and it's the nuts sound.

I got the 2nd gen shuffle, with senhiser head phones :yes:

A slight de-railment, any idea how long Play.com takes to deliver??

Edited by Edward

I had a Nano till my eldest wiped it and put a load of teeny bopper stuff on it.

Ask Bazza if he still has his contact. He "procured" another Nano for me for Mrs LV last christmas.

Edited by LV

I bought a Sony phone once, gave me so much trouble, I now boycott Sony products..

Phil

Phew, just as well i'm not buying a phone then. I have a Sony TV that's been going strong for 14, what a terrible bit of kit.

Mods mods, i'm derailing my own thread, may i have 10 lashings please?

Edited by Markio

<_< Markio i have a classic, a nano, a shuffle, a touch and a sony!!!

The sony is poo, fiddly software and unreliable, dumps its memeory from time to time, the shuffle is a waste of space ...far too small. The nano is fab esp in 16g...the best as quoated by mc is the classic, I have an 80g, has 20 films on it 3500 tracks and still has 50gb left, very versatile.

HOWEVER i also have an 8g touch which is superb, has the bigger screen for films, great games, wireless internet etc....BUT 8g too small and the 32g is pricey...very cool though!!! :hmm:

My advice leave the sony well alone....you can buy mine if you are feeling particularly masochistic......................

Mungler is spot on about the sennhiesers, I have a pair however for comfort if you are running cycling cleaning out snakes, diy etc these are better:41HKYG2SJGL.jpg

Technical Details

• Product Description: Philips SHS8000 - headphones
  • Product Type: Headphones - wired
  • Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural
  • Headphones Form Factor: Over-the-ear
  • Connectivity Technology: Wired
  • Sound Output Mode: Stereo
  • Response Bandwidth: 6 - 23500 Hz

Edited by Evil Elvis

I have owned ipods over the years and including the very much over rated ipod touch

I now use the sony walkman NWZ-X1050 16gb

Read the spec on the Sony and the ipod doesn't even come close

You don't need to **** about with crappy itunes. Its just drag and drop files straight into the sony

Sounds features on the Sony blow the ipod out of the water. Sony have taken MP3 to a greater level than the ipods have

Did someone mention battery life being poor? Completely the opposite

READ THIS

Longest battery life around

Walkman® battery stamina is way ahead of the competition, which means you can listen and watch for so much longer. With straight playback of up to 33 hours music, and 9 hours for video, plugging in to power up will be the last thing on your mind at home, in the car or anywhere on the move

It is top end spec equipment and demands top money too. but if your only thing is a pearl necklace well?? It have open another door or too............................... think abouts doors...................... :P:hmm:<_<:hmm:

Jonno