Starlight Arrow

magman

Any body else seen or looked through one ??

I also have one, I have it on my 2.5-15x56 Swarovski Z6 on this it is not as clear as my Simmons 6.5-20x50, on the Swaro it is only any good with the firefly laser then it is ok out to around 150 ish but very narrow field of view so if I spot with Yukon ranger it is sometimes hard to pick it up with the arrow, better on the Simmons, also depends on the night.

I know these have slagged off a lot but in my view they are ok for the money and yes I will get something better when I can physically see through something better on the same scopes not just the talk about them. these came out when others were still talking about them and moving dates, this is only my opinion but as I said for the money it does the job all be it others will do it better but for more than I paid for the Arrow,

hope this helps, if you want pm me and I will give my mobile if you want to talk about it, I don't profess to be an expert on anything but you will get my honest opinion,

Thanks barney

I also have one, I have it on my 2.5-15x56 Swarovski Z6 on this it is not as clear as my Simmons 6.5-20x50, on the Swaro it is only any good with the firefly laser then it is ok out to around 150 ish but very narrow field of view so if I spot with Yukon ranger it is sometimes hard to pick it up with the arrow, better on the Simmons, also depends on the night.

I know these have slagged off a lot but in my view they are ok for the money and yes I will get something better when I can physically see through something better on the same scopes not just the talk about them. these came out when others were still talking about them and moving dates, this is only my opinion but as I said for the money it does the job all be it others will do it better but for more than I paid for the Arrow,

hope this helps, if you want pm me and I will give my mobile if you want to talk about it, I don't profess to be an expert on anything but you will get my honest opinion,

Thanks barney

Try it with a nm800 and I would bet you will like it more, though if you are shooting to 150 yards that's going to be enough for most foxes you will encounter.

i have a firefly on the arrow and a ir t20 on scope and the t20 works fine for me to 100ish yards maybe a bit more then the firefly give's it the extra legs,

not sure you have a good one there barney as mine will reach way beyond 150.

i have found that it takes a bit of playing around to get the best out of it but i would happily shoot fox's a long way past 200 if only i could hit one that far away

colin

i have a firefly on the arrow and a ir t20 on scope and the t20 works fine for me to 100ish yards maybe a bit more then the firefly give's it the extra legs,

not sure you have a good one there barney as mine will reach way beyond 150.

i have found that it takes a bit of playing around to get the best out of it but i would happily shoot fox's a long way past 200 if only i could hit one that far away

colin

What scope you got it on Colin ? I been told it might be due to the lense coatings on the Swaro, do you use the T 20 and the firefly together ?

I have used them together to see if it gets a tab further i find it best on my hawke sidewinder 30 though it gives s good show on my sweet 17 and hawke varmint.

the nice thing having both lights is it covers you for all distances was ratting the other night with the t20 on low power at 10-15 yards with no white out

Colin

Thanks for the reply Colin, I shall try mine on my AGS 4-14x50 that's on me FAC rapid as that has side parallax unlike the Simmons and see how it performs on that, I would guess it would be pretty good possibly better than the Simmons as its a 30mm tube and both better than the swaro,

Gents, I'm a bit out of your style, potting bunnies with a 12ft lb air rifle, however I'm assuming the archer will be effective at the ranges I shoot ie 25/35 yds using a T20? Cheers

I have an archer an wouldn't dream of buying one for an air rifle unless you have money to burn, its wasted at the ranges you state.

I appreciate your thought, I should of put arrow however, what would you suggest? Lamping is not effective and I'm trying to remain inconspicuous in the field. Nitesite is too expensive and I prefer to look on line with my scope rather than a monitor on the top.I have previously used a cobra with DSA and whilst it did work I was hoping, from what I read, the arrow will not have as much length?

Rammy