Broken Maxus

malkiserow

I would study just what it's purpose is and try and improve on it. One thing does stand out, there is to much percussion going on for that spring!

If it is just cushioning shock I bet suitable rubber may be adequate. It may be part of the regulation of higher pressure loads, just offering some resistance to the piston do it does delay unlocking a fraction of a second.

I mean, just how bad could it be!

U.

Guest cookoff013

You can get an aftermarket piston either sealed so have no more spring issues. But its for standard loads. With the modern loads etc its something else to take the punishment.

I been serious looking at a maxus.

Apparently it was the early ones that were trouble . I have had my maxus since 2012 and is has been faultless .

Mine is a 2012 model and was faultless until Saturday

Here is a link to the new part in the US but it is currently sold out :/https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1301320.htm

Edited by malkiserow

Check out American forums and it's happening more than it should. On both the Winchesters and Brownings.

The makers of the sleeved valves seems to have stopped making them for some reason.

See if a spring company in UK can supply you with a replacement.

Figgy

Check out American forums and it's happening more than it should. On both the Winchesters and Brownings.

The makers of the sleeved valves seems to have stopped making them for some reason.

See if a spring company in UK can supply you with a replacement.

Figgy