suzuki 2.0 litre diesle or nissan x trail diesel

kody

bit more metal on an x-trail, suzie`s tend to be a bit thin and prone to rust, wheel bearings and rusted solid rear calliper sliders are the main faults I used to fix when in a Nissan dealer, so much drag through the transmission tracing a worn bearing used to be a pain, used to get them wheels free on a ramp and run them up to about 60mph whilst some one listened underneath, and make sure if you look at a Nissan the fuel filler neck has been replaced (warranty job on the older models)

Edited by neil82

bit more metal on an x-trail, suzie`s tend to be a bit thin and prone to rust, wheel bearings and rusted solid rear calliper sliders are the main faults I used to fix when in a Nissan dealer, so much drag through the transmission tracing a worn bearing used to be a pain, used to get them wheels free on a ramp and run them up to about 60mph whilst some one listened underneath, and make sure if you look at a Nissan the fuel filler neck has been replaced (warranty job on the older models)

i do know that the front wings on the xtrail are plastic

I have had both, Suzuki diesel was the 2.0ltr engine version. Economic, nippy but a bit noisy. Excellent off road and a low box too. Just never got stuck. Never needed any major work in the 2 years that I had the vehicle. Downside :- No boot space with rear seats up, so basically a 2 seater. The rear floor is not flat so had to make wood base for dog box to sit on. Spare wheel on back door was handy too. I only sold the Suzuki because I had a good deal on the X Trail.

Nissan X Trail, 2.2 diesel. Great vehicle on road, limited ground clearance, caused the odd stuck problem, but usually able to reverse out of trouble. No low range and auto 4WD. Totally flat rear load space when seats folded, some under floor storage, BUT spare wheel under floor, so dog and dog box out if you got a flat tyre.. With dog box in and rear seat folded, good access to remaining load space via side doors. (for putting guns in and out etc). Rear seats would still remain up with dog box in, so good load space. Massive sunroof for lamping too. I was advised by a mechanic to use Slick 50 in oil at service. This meant no problem with the Turbo overheating. Sold the X Trail 4 years ago and still see new owner. Now on 130,000 and still going strong with no major bills, apart from new front discs.

My choice would be X Trail, but I probably only do 80/20 % on/off road. If I was doing some serious off roading, it would have to be the Suzuki, but on road the ride is a bit 'bouncy'.

For the last 4 years I have had a CRV and as a road vehicle it has been the best so far, but so many little design faults, as a shooting vehicle I would not recommend BUT, I have yet to get it stuck.

If I can help any further, PM me.

I have a diesel Suzuki, recentlt replaced my petrol Suzuki, can't complain about them. Never owned an Xtrail, but a few friends have, and don't have a bad word to say about them. Whatever you choose you'll get a good car, I would say best thing is to get behind the wheel of each and see how they feel.

I have had both, Suzuki diesel was the 2.0ltr engine version. Economic, nippy but a bit noisy. Excellent off road and a low box too. Just never got stuck. Never needed any major work in the 2 years that I had the vehicle. Downside :- No boot space with rear seats up, so basically a 2 seater. The rear floor is not flat so had to make wood base for dog box to sit on. Spare wheel on back door was handy too. I only sold the Suzuki because I had a good deal on the X Trail.

Nissan X Trail, 2.2 diesel. Great vehicle on road, limited ground clearance, caused the odd stuck problem, but usually able to reverse out of trouble. No low range and auto 4WD. Totally flat rear load space when seats folded, some under floor storage, BUT spare wheel under floor, so dog and dog box out if you got a flat tyre.. With dog box in and rear seat folded, good access to remaining load space via side doors. (for putting guns in and out etc). Rear seats would still remain up with dog box in, so good load space. Massive sunroof for lamping too. I was advised by a mechanic to use Slick 50 in oil at service. This meant no problem with the Turbo overheating. Sold the X Trail 4 years ago and still see new owner. Now on 130,000 and still going strong with no major bills, apart from new front discs.

My choice would be X Trail, but I probably only do 80/20 % on/off road. If I was doing some serious off roading, it would have to be the Suzuki, but on road the ride is a bit 'bouncy'.

For the last 4 years I have had a CRV and as a road vehicle it has been the best so far, but so many little design faults, as a shooting vehicle I would not recommend BUT, I have yet to get it stuck.

If I can help any further, PM me.

thanks for that there is a vitara a few miles down the road from me so i will test drive it see hoe it goes :)

I have a 06 plate and it great I Use it for everything you can get all your pigeon gear in back with dog

have had no trouble going across fields.it pulls my big caravan with plenty to spare

Can get five men and all our shooting gear in back on away day clay shooting bit of squeeze in back

So if it's space you need there's plenty had it five years no trouble

Edited by postie